Lots of things started this week - 4K, Connections (church on Wed nights), tap/ballet, both kids had soccer practice (at the same time - thanks mom for helping), soccer games, I volunteered at NW, and camping (not so much me, but them, I just helped w/ the shopping/packing). And this next week looks to be even busier, which would've made me a lunatic if I were still working, but I kinda like it now. Finding peace.
Little did we know, sick-Hadley (last week) was just the beginning. She shared the love w/ Patrick, me, Scott, & Nolan. Then Nolan shared the love w/ Heidi. Ugh, it was so gross. Patrick & I were struck on the same day (thanks mom for taking the kids). But we're healthy now, not sure how Finley escaped it (knock on wood).
Even though we were infecting him, we had fun when Nolan slept over. Troy, (high school friend) was in town, so we had a pizza night at Scott & Becky's house. The kids had fun playing w/ Conner and showing Scooter how Baby Bert will use their window seat in a few years. For the record, we don't know if Baby Bert is a boy or girl, but he/she goes by Bert for now. He/she might've gotten this name at the cabin trip, we might've been under the influence when choosing this name (not Becky, just the rest of us fools and she's a good sport).
Nolan showed off his two-wheeler riding, he's good!
Hadley hated sharing her four-wheeler. She's got the pout figured out.
Auntie posted a sneak-peek of Nolan's Halloween wig on IG. At quick glance, he looks like Hadley - even Hadley thought it was her!
Sister started 4K. She loves it!
Her locker :)
When Finley was four, we found out he couldn't see. His ophthalmologist thought it would be a good idea to get Hadley checked out too. She's slightly farsighted, but Dr. Jackie said most four-year olds are, it's developmental. So we'll go back in a year to see if she still falls in the normal range. I sure hope so. Kid-glasses are kind of a pain.
In honor of Cheri's first angel-versaray, the kids wore their Cheri-shirts to school.
Hadley flip-flopped between choosing new dance (Danz Kraze) or old dance (tap/ballet) for this school year. She eventually chose Danz Kraze. But w/ my new role of taxi driver and a Thursday morning offering of tap/ballet, I decided this year she could do both.
Her dance studio opened a new location and it's really nice - I love the chandeliers.
And there's a giant window for parents to watch though. Unfortunately, she was the only dancer signed up for her class. So next week she'll join an earlier class. But for this week, she was one-on-one w/ Miss Erin.
Finley had his first soccer practice, this is the season that will determine his future as a soccer player. If he actually plays this year, he can keep playing if he wishes. If he continues to move away from the ball, he's going to be benched. He picked out new shin guards and I've been building up their magic all week. They're so thick you won't feel anything. Shin guards, do your job.
He looked good in practice. Fingers crossed.
I volunteered at NW, it was a job I was highly qualified for - walking kids in the hallway to/from hearing screening. Tomorrow I'm volunteering at picture day. I loved seeing Finley at school, and he's still little enough he loved seeing me too. Two peas in one pod, Finley's BFF Nicholas.
Soccer Saturdays have begun! This year we have TWO soccer players.
Finley plays in U8, his team is the X Wings.
Hadley is in U5, she's an Owl.
Little sister played first.
U5 is so cute, they travel in a little pod following the ball. And there are a lot of chain-reaction falls on the field.
Hadley did well - she even scored a goal!
Finley was up next, we begged him to be aggressive - and he was!
Maybe the shin guard magic really worked?! I hope so!
Owen & Hadley snackin' and watchin'. Thanks Suzie & Simon for coming too!
Patrick's family had their annual camping trip. The campground is beautiful, but that's not enough to make me camp. I'm not a giant fan of sleeping in a tent, and there's that dirt-thing. So I packed them up and enjoyed Friday night home alone. Puppy chow at any meal.
I visited on Saturday evening. We played the endless battle of trying to keep kids from poking the fire.
The kids fished...
...played with Gracie (Uncle Jeremy's new puppy)...
...had fun w/ their cousins - Leah, Mayah, & Owen...
...and of course were loved-on by Auntie Shawna.
They hiked to a nearby waterfall before coming home.
Finding peace.



























No comments:
Post a Comment