Monday, June 20, 2016

Busy w/ Fun

Tis the season for my FB feed to be full of #summerbucketlist. Once again, I'm sticking w/ a mental summer to-do list and not a cute Pinteresty Summer Bucket List...this way if we don't get to everything, only I know ;) Summer has been busy w/ fun so far!

Finley joined the neighbors (twice) for a hiking/swimming adventure at Big Falls.

Face-swapping w/ Grandpa = scary!

Summer swimming started. We've had true June weather - unpredictable. One morning was canceled for a thunderstorm and one morning it was 60* when they entered the water.

Both said they're having fun!

And I really like the 30 minutes when their lessons overlap.

Even though she's more sporty than girly, there are moments the girl comes out.

Hadley had mentioned doing gymnastics a few times, so I signed her up for a short summer session w/ the YMCA. She LOVED LOVED the first class.

As a super-beginner, I signed her up for the 4-5 year old class. She's a total giant next to the other girls.

She started summer Danz Kraze the next night and cried because it wasn't gymnastics. I have a feeling she'll pick gymnastics as her year-long activity come fall, not DK. She's been doing cartwheels all week.

Patrick took the kids to an Express game...

...and Finley got a homerun ball!

Lunch w/ a view.

Hadley in a dress - rare and cute.

My cute girl w/ many faces.

Finley played in his first summer baseball tourney. It was so so so hot. They had a lot of fun playing against Altoona & Hudson. Finley's doing well playing 3rd base...

...and scored a run in the second game!

They didn't win any games, but it was good experience for the new team. Three games in sweaty-sweaty 90 degree heat = tired.

Father's Day was full of firefighter-pancakes w/ Patrick and a pontoon ride w/ Grandpa. Grandpa's recovery is moving forward, he's frustrated w/ one of the side-effects but we kinda like having him lying low - we've seen him a lot more :)





No comments: