The kids started Summer Institute, this year's site is my old stomping grounds :) Summer Institute is coming at a PERFECT time, the kids (and mostly I) needed a little break. They are each taking two classes which = almost 5 hours w/ no kids. I have gotten SO stinkin' much done w/o them, my productivity is so much higher w/o two little tornadoes following me around.
The best part? They each are loving the classes they chose. Finley is taking Super Science Sleuths and Underwater Adventures, Finley's favorite is easily the science class, he's been repeating their experiments at home.
Hadley is taking How Does Your Garden Grow? and Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come. One of Hadley's teachers is my former colleague, which means picture texts from their field trip to Toppers Pizza!
Sweet Hadley, when I picked her up, she told me I made a pizza for the whole family to share!
We visited the public library.
Finley got a coaching lesson from our friend Nick.
And the next night, he pitched and struck out the first two batters!
Grandpa's Corvette spent a few days in our garage, we teased him and sent a picture of Hadley detailing his car. She wasn't and we discussed that she NEVER will either!
Hadley continues to love gymnastics, she asks each day if it's a gymnastics-day. We watched the Olympic Trials on TV and she was in awe, we might've found her sport.
Unfortunately the gymnastics center is NOT air conditioned, it was 92* and super muggy outside, which meant it was about 110 in the center.
Hadley helped Elle celebrate her 6th birthday!
Little Sister takes her little baby EVERYWHERE these days.
Hair bun, check. Just when I'm getting good at the donut, she's quitting dance. Immediately after her performance I asked if she wanted to do Danz Kraze or gymnastics this fall, gymnastics for the win.
Her decision to continue w/ gymnastics is bittersweet, she's soooooo cute at dance, but I don't think I'm a good dance mom.
Finley has been patiently waiting for Grandpa to be healthy enough for golf - this week was it. Grandpa came to golf lessons and invited both kids to lunch and golf afterwards.
Hadley represented our family at Nolan's 5th Birthday Party. I felt guilty because I haven't missed any of the 5 Littles parties yet. But Finley's baseball tournament and my concession stand requirement forced me to stay home. Which might've been the Birthday Boy's wish, rumor is he didn't want me to come because he was afraid I'd give him a big box of nothing like I did for Spencer (he apparently missed that there was a Target gift card in the bottom of the box of nothing). Whether he likes me or not, Nolan was a VERY cute Birthday Boy w/ a really cute cake too!
Hadley had fun - tattoos, games, and cake - what more do you need?!
Hadley also had a movie date and sleepover w/ Nolan, Easton, & Grandma.
Finley's team played three games this weekend, including their best game yet. Unfortunately they didn't pull off any wins, which makes them 0-however many games they've played this year. I sooo wish they could win a game, it would be such a confidence booster for them. They were thisclose in the second game, and it was such a fun game for the players and parents. Finley scored a couple runs, hit a double, and made some good outs.
Even w/ their losing streak, Finley is still having fun w/ his buddies.
After spending three days at the ballpark, we ended the weekend at Grandpa & Grandma's w/ cousins and some baseball friends. Weirdly, except Spencer no one wanted to tube. Like no one, the rest all seemed spooked.
So cute kids ate popcorn and rode in the pontoon.
The lily pad was where it was at - they had SO much fun jumping, running, and playing on the lily pad for a long time.
We finished the evening off w/ pizza - fun week and now starts my two biggest weekends of the summer, a night at Country Jam, girl's weekend and Scott's cabin weekend, I feel hungover just thinking about them.



























No comments:
Post a Comment