I've officially been exhausted for EIGHT YEARS ;)
I remember his arrival so well it seems like yesterday - I was scared because he was five weeks early, but excited to learn if Baby was a boy or girl.
Even though it's been 8 years, so many days I'm still in awe that I have kids. Only one person in the entire world changed me from not-mom to mom.
And that sweet little baby is growing up way too quickly...One year.
Two years.
Three years.
Four years.
Five years.
Six years.
Seven years.
Eight years just doesn't seem possible, but he's so happy to be 8.
He was excited to open gifts and wanted his picture taken w/ each one - I obliged.
We went to Grandpa & Grandma's for Birthday Pancakes w/ cousins.
The kids ended up swimming and tubing, so the birthday breakfast overflowed into a birthday lunch.
This week turned really busy - I think I say that each week. I start a week w/ a sense of calm and by Monday afternoon I feel behind already. So here goes another giant post about a busy-fun week.
Thanks to his awesome art teacher, Finley has been an art-o since kindergarten. The Sculpture Tour was on our must-do summer list.
I remember his arrival so well it seems like yesterday - I was scared because he was five weeks early, but excited to learn if Baby was a boy or girl.
Even though it's been 8 years, so many days I'm still in awe that I have kids. Only one person in the entire world changed me from not-mom to mom.
And that sweet little baby is growing up way too quickly...One year.
Two years.
Three years.
Four years.
Five years.
Six years.
Seven years.
Eight years just doesn't seem possible, but he's so happy to be 8.
He was excited to open gifts and wanted his picture taken w/ each one - I obliged.
We went to Grandpa & Grandma's for Birthday Pancakes w/ cousins.
The kids ended up swimming and tubing, so the birthday breakfast overflowed into a birthday lunch.
This week turned really busy - I think I say that each week. I start a week w/ a sense of calm and by Monday afternoon I feel behind already. So here goes another giant post about a busy-fun week.
Thanks to his awesome art teacher, Finley has been an art-o since kindergarten. The Sculpture Tour was on our must-do summer list.
We had a perfect morning and a goal to visit all 34 sculptures. We grabbed a map and started off on foot.
The first 24 sculptures are in the old downtown area.
We've passed Sasquatch in the car, he's just as scary up close.
M&J is involved w/ many of the new/exciting downtown projects, so we stopped by two of those too.
We drove to the hospital, parked, and got out our bikes to hit the last six sculptures via the bike trail.
We voted for the People's Choice award, each of us picking the same sculpture as our favorite...The Nose Knows.
I think the kids just liked picking the giant nose.
In total, we walked 1.5 miles and biked 5 miles. All of that exercise was quickly blown w/ GIANT Blizzards, I strongly recommend the Monster Cookie Blizzard - yum.
The kids put on a Scooter Show for me.
Finley attended a two-day Blugold Basketball Camp w/ Nicholas.
She's got it all - purse, aviators, lip gloss, and a taggie.
On this day, her girlyness became a problem. She was curling her hair w/ a comb and in two seconds she got it incredibly stuck.
Three of us worked on it for over an hour, we had no choice but to cut the knot out.
After the animals, the kids cooled off in the fountains.
A spontaneous stop at Olson's Ice Cream shop on the way home - thanks Melissa, Elle & Elise for spending the day w/ us!
Finley & Patrick went to Cub World, a two-night parent-child stay at Boy Scout Camp.
Finley's cabin, the dads slept next door.
Unfortunately it rained off/on the first day, glad I packed ponchos!
Their group made a flag.
Finley practiced tying knots.
Games.
Building fires.
An obstacle course.
More games.
Fires and ceremonies.
Swimming.
Arts & crafts.
A treasure found by the lake - crazy?!
Finley won an award for best "Marble Finder" (a contest finding the most marbles in the lake).
Finley LOVED the counselors and LOVED camp, he came home ready to go again next year! They did so much and had so much fun in two days.
Allie came over for a playdate and dinner.
And a girl's only bike ride for us.
We celebrated the 4th of July on July 2nd, it was a total Lake Life day/evening.
The big boys (Dad, Patrick & Ryan) like to tweak the annual fireworks show. After starting a tree on fire last year, they decided to have a temporary dock built for lighting the fireworks on.
Weather-wise, the weekend couldn't have been more perfect - comfortable temps, no humidity, a breeze, and sunshine.
There was a ton of food, boating, tubing, swimming, and playing w/ old/new friends. It might've been our easiest and best celebration yet.
Grandpa's fireworks show was a perfect ending to our fun-filled day.
W/ the holiday falling on Monday, it turned into a weekend of party-hopping. Our newest neighbors had a red/white/blue housewarming party. Sparklers make me cringe a little, running w/ sparklers makes me cringe a lot, thankfully there were no injuries.
Happy Birthday Finley - it's bittersweet to watch you turn 8! I love that you love growing up. I love watching you enjoy life and trying new things - baseball, friends, golf, camp, swimming, school. I love that sometimes you are cautious. I love that you are a fun kid. I only hate that it's all happening so quickly. But I love being your mom.



















































































No comments:
Post a Comment