Sunday, August 14, 2016

Camp & Slip-N-Sliding

My kid-free week kicked off w/ tubing on the river w/ Faith. It's an annual trip w/ 3 hours of uninterrupted catch-up time, perfect.

While I was sipping and floating, Heidi was taking care of my crew. According to her, things were busy but went really well. My kids were good listeners and polite - I don't think I know the stranger-kids she was describing.

I think Finley & Hadley liked being part of the zillion kids that live in their cul-de-sac. Every evening they swam or went to the park or played and played and played.

Easton didn't go to Day Camp, he went to Camp Grandma & Grandpa and spent the week w/ us. E liked throwing the peanut shells on my feet at dinner.

Easton is an incredible sleeper, after sleeping through our date, Grandma finally woke him up at 11 a.m. for lunch.

 

On Wednesday, I ran up to visit my rugrats. Hadley was very proud to show off her swimming skills, she was in a Learn to Swim group at camp.

The three of us enjoyed dinner, Target, and an ice cream date.

I stayed until Hadley fell asleep, but w/ an approaching storm I decided to leave so I could drive in front of it. My kids don't like thunder, so Finley slept in Auntie's room.

The kids attended a football kick-off fundraiser - it looks like a perfect night w/ games and contests.

Spencer & Finley each won a two-liter of Mtn Dew - just what every little boy needs (eyeroll)...

...Nolan tipped up his prize.

Hadley "needed" to wear Auntie's new headbands to camp. Now I need to learn how to make that messy bun, it's super cute on her.

The kids had a lot of fun at camp. Hadley is ready to sign up for next year, but Finley would like a half-day camp. He's definitely more of a homebody than her, w/ a little time maybe he'll be singing a different tune...which I kinda hope, because I kinda made sure I had fun while they were gone - happy hour w/ some of my old teaching friends.

We ended the weekend at Scott & Becky's for a giant Slip-n-Slide Summer Party! The kids loved it!

My kids aren't the littlest Crew Kids anymore and I'm reminded 
(again) how big they are getting. But there are definitely some perks of having big kids - like I didn't have to Slip-n-Slide down the plastic w/ them ;)  Finley & Hadley were awesome helpers for the mid-sized Crew Kids. It was fun to watch them being helpful/nice/sweet to the little kids because 90% of their time at home is spent arguing w/ one another.

Finley was "snowboarding" and his first run ended as I anticipated, a face-plant w/ tears.

Baby K liked to splash.

Boys do weird things like knock each other over and laugh. 

Water-balloon fight. 

And since I wasn't slip-n-sliding, I sat around and held cute kids.







No comments: