Monday, October 10, 2016

Bugs, Apples, Bottles

The Wolf Cubs are learning about Reducing, Reusing, & Recycling. See the energy they are displaying? It took 45 seconds to squish a few bags of aluminum cans to be recycled.

2nd graders are learning all about insects and our kitchen table is Finley's new science lab. He's collecting bugs both alive and dead, transporting them between school/home. My favorite was when he opened the pocket of his backpack to show me 15 beetle-like bugs running around inside the pocket - so gross.

Testing out his new airplane pillow in bed. He looks so little, I miss little-Finley.

Two cool kids cruising in a convertible.

Hadley's fall season w/ the Blueberries is almost over, one more game next weekend. 

This game was a couple weeks ago, Little Sister was showing off her fancy footwork.

This weekend they won 15-3, and out of 15 goals, my ballhog scored 12.

Grandma & I took the 5 Big Kids to the apple orchard.

We weren't allowed to actually pick apples, but there was plenty to see and do.

Nolan couldn't decide if he dared to enter the Haunted Barn...

 ...which reminded me of 2013 when I scared the shit out of him on a Spooky Trail.

I recently learned about "bottle-flip" or something like that. It's an online craze of flipping bottles in attempt to have them land on the cap or bottom...better known here as I capped it! (upside down on the cap) or I landed it! (on the bottom).


Hadley started w/ a slipper and has since graduated to an actual bottle ;)


Hadley & I helped Elise celebrate her 4th birthday! This little girl is too much - she's too cute, too sweet, and just adorable.

Lots of other stuff happened - coffee w/ friends, lunch w/ a friend, holding babies (Congrats Andrea! She had TWINS!), family pictures, another Friday night in the ER (not Patrick this time), popcorn sales/deliveries and just keeping up w/ life. While not working allows for more time for everything, it also allows my time management skills to be tested, some days I kinda bop around like I suffer from ADHD. And now I'm headed to lunch again, priorities :)










No comments: