Sunday, November 6, 2016

Halloween

Between my phone and camera, I uploaded 413 pictures (after deleting over 300). I am in the process of downloading 750+ photos from our Disney Photo Pass. It's probably going to take a few weeks to create the vacay post that I want. So, until then, the other stuff ;) And this week, there wasn't much except Halloween.

Channeling Disney at home - ta da!

Returning home late on Oct 29 left little time to prepare for returning to school and Halloween. We looked through our pumpkins and chose the four that hadn't started to rot yet (it's been a warm fall). Scooping & carving!

I cringed as both kids went for it w/ the little carving knives.

Short on time, we went for simple pumpkins.

Between two schools, a Halloween party, trick-or-treating at M&J, and Halloween Night, I think both kids wore their costumes 5ish times last year. Not this year - once. Finley dressed as Kai (the red Lego Ninjago warrior) and Hadley was the Tooth Fairy. Grandma helped w/ the details of her costume and unfortunately, my pictures do not show them off well, she had a tooth wand and a Tooth Fairy purse for collecting teeth w/ glittery toothbrushes inside.

We had neighbors and friends over for pizza and trick-or-treating. The kids scored major loot going house to house via ATV.

Sorting is the best part!

I spent a morning w/ these precious and adorable peanut-sized twins. I even got them to myself when Mama took a shower.

Good news out of school on Friday! Hadley was nominated for the Soaring High Club...

...and Mrs. Hrudka sent a positive note home about Finley!  We also attended Finley's parent-teacher conference and it was all good news.  Academically he's spot-on or higher for grade-level benchmarks in all subjects and most importantly - he's a really good kid at school! A leader, helper, participant, confident, good friend, funny, respectful, joy...all words his teacher used to describe him. We will meet w/ Hadley's teacher this week, fingers-crossed for a similar report.

All of their awesomeness = Cherry Berry to celebrate.

A friends' 4-year old son needs glasses, after an evening of sharing our experience, I needed to dig out Finley on the first day he got his glasses (already four years ago).

We finally had a weekend w/ some down-time and the weather couldn't have been better.  Finley & Nicholas played outside all day, I think they rode around our yard 200 times.

Hadley went w/ Allie's family to a cheer competition, thankfully she didn't come home wanting to be a cheerleader.



I had a playdate too - Ingrid was home from AZ and we found ourselves barhopping. So fun to catch up and hang out! 

I cannot wait for the Presidential election to be over. An event that should offer a promising future w/ new outlooks and innovative ideas has been an ugly mud-slinging embarrassment. What could be an exciting time of possibly electing our first female President, has turned into a mockery of our government. People are potentially voting for someone as a preventative vote towards the other candidate, it's so messed up. I did convince Finley that Donald Trump himself called our house - we didn't answer (eyeroll).

No comments: