Once upon a time, my first class of kindergartners graduated from 5th grade and I haven't missed a 5th Grade Graduation since. It's fun to see "my babies" ready for middle school, even more special now that I don't see them regularly in the hallways. There are also the families, there was one family in particular that I haven't bumped into since resigning, the mom volunteered often in our classroom and I have always been interested to see how they are doing - fun to catch up w/ them too.
Finally - the last day of school was here!
Last drop off!
And a photobomb by Mrs. Heath. She was in just the right place at just the right time to be the third head in our picture 😎
Their last day was a full day of volunteering for me. I snuck away when Hadley was at lunch recess to see her cross the monkey bar rings. Must've been bright, her eyes are closed in all of my pictures.
It was a HOT afternoon on the playground for the carnival, I thought I was going to melt.
These two awesome teachers put up w/ the kids and me all year! We really enjoyed working w/ Mrs. Conlin again and Hadley sure hopes she gets Mrs. Hrudka for 2nd grade too.
Our first day of vacay was spent at the Mall of America. Grandma took Hadley to the American Girl store for her birthday. She chose Tenney.
She's a totally cute doll and seems to suit Hadley perfectly, not too girly, but just girly enough. Hadley even got the matching outfit.
Tenney comes everywhere w/ us now, Hadley LOVES her.
W/ my car in for service, we got to cruise in style for one day.
T-ball...
...and sand-play.
She plops right down in the middle of the game. It's obviously an age-thing, the 3rd base runner is also playing in the sand.
Finley had a baseball game under the lights! The Dragons did awesome and pulled off a win!
Our final t-ball game! It was incredibly hot and super windy. The major dust-storm on the field must've kept Hadley from sitting in the sand, there was NO sand-play 😃
Congrats on a fun season Hadley, next year she'll be in coach pitch softball! Softball is another world I know nothing about, I quit after t-ball 😏
Spencer was nearby in a baseball tourney, Finley braved the 95* temps and watched him play in two games.
The kids started Intro to Hockey!
I'm pretty sure they think they're Spencer, but I was happy to see the class is exactly for their level - very beginner! Their first activity was laying on the ice and getting up - over and over and over.
They had 45 minutes of instructional activities and 15 minutes of free skate.
They really liked the class, now here's hoping they don't want to play in the winter and don't ask for hockey hair!
Summer golf started, the kids are taking weekly lessons for eightish weeks.
Finley took lessons last summer and Hadley is happy to be old enough this year.
Finley won the putting contest and both kids are super excited for Grandpa to come out and take them golfing after a lesson.
Finley & Henri have been waaaaaiting for a play date. They had a blast playing at our house and kayaking/swimming at Grandpa & Grandma's.
We finished a hot weekend w/ a visit from Grandma Kathleen, Auntie Shawna & Mary. Patrick & Shawna grew up w/ Mary in Florida, they lived right behind each other and Patrick hadn't seen her since 1994! Lucky me, I met her in Puerto Rico last fall.
There were birthday spankings and presents for both kids - it seems Finley escaped my camera. Mostly we just hung out and caught up.
We had a fun first half-week of summer vacay, tomorrow a crazy-week starts...just on Monday we have swimming 10-10:40, dentist at 11:10, Art Camp 12:30-3:30, gymnastics 4-5:30, and a baseball game at 6...so much for balancing. Thankfully the entire week isn't like that and the next week is much slower. But too much downtime isn't awesome either, then the fighting begins. Here's to working full-time again 😛



































No comments:
Post a Comment