Monday, September 25, 2017

Patrick is 40!

Hadley has been a shark w/ a deadline of 9/21/17 at 4:10. We tried to take that little tooth once, fail. Dr. Miskulin thought it would be out by her check-up, nope. The permanent tooth was taller than that baby tooth and it still hung on.

She'd been working on it and it was getting looser. But she just wouldn't let the tough-tug happen and each morning/evening I'd count out the days to the deadline. So here we sat with that little bugger hanging on.

The night before her appointment, we were at gymnastics and I told Hadley to show Melissa her wigglish tooth (1st grade teachers are experts at loose teeth). She did and Melissa offered to try pulling it out, shockingly Hadley agreed. She tried once and I heard a little tear and there it sat on her lip bleeding a little, but still (barely) attached.

Hadley got a little panicked about the blood, but she let Melissa try once more and it easily popped right out! 

She lost a tooth and there's no real hole because the permanent is already there. 

We were sooooo happy to call and cancel the next day's extraction! And the Tooth Fairy came that night.

Finley is showing some big-kid independence at school. I've always dropped the kids off in the entryway at the bell, our good-byes filled w/ multiple hugs/kisses and reassurances of the after school plan. This year, Finley's good-byes are much quicker and it's usually a quick hug or even just a wave good-bye. He hasn't said that he doesn't want a hug/kiss, but he's in a hurry to find his friends and he's off. Recently he's been requesting to be dropped off at recess so he can play w/ friends before school. But not her, she still wants to be walked in...so drop-offs are two-part. One kid to the playground, one kid sits in the car w/ me for an extra 10 minutes and I walk her in. They are soooo in charge of me.

This weekend felt nothing like fall, it felt very much like the hottest days of summer. But the leaves have started to fall onto our trampoline which pretty much makes it a new toy.

Family picture prep. 

I'm not a parent that gets annoyed w/ the latest crazes. Pokemon? Eh, we had Garbage Pail Kids. Fidgets? Reminds me of the banned slap bracelets. Slime? It's fun and keeps my kids busy for quite a while at the counter. But then I took a shower (note, their dad was IN the house too), and came out to find homemade slime all over the office carpet. And it was made w/ blue food coloring. This isn't good. I'm pretty sure we will forever have a blue stain to remind us of the slime-phase. 😡  

Fall Ball w/ temps in the 90's felt like summer ball, they lost and then won.

Patrick turned 40! I took each kid shopping and let them choose whatever they wanted for gifts, their ideas are always interesting. Finley's choices usually benefit himself (last Christmas it was a hunting game for the Xbox and a Lego set they could build together), for Patrick's birthday he chose Go-Pro accessories....because he likes Patrick's Go-Pro.

Hadley bought carwash towels, a flashlight and a yard game. I love it when they're proud of their gifts. 

W/ our hot-hot weekend, Patrick wanted to go boating on his birthday. 40 and acting like he's 20.

Cute boaters. 


That's Connor wakeboarding, Patrick invited a work-friend and his family to boat w/ us. Connor is the ATV driver that the kids met over Labor Day Weekend, and is more/less a celebrity to Finley & Hadley...he's now my favorite too. I was wearing my favorite CO hat and it flew off my head, Connor happened to notice it and was able to wakeboard over, jump and landed in the water w/ his hand in the air holding my hat! 


It had been awhile since we boated and swam at Grandpa & Grandma's, so all the toys came out. Lily Pad fun...


...and kayaking too. 

Even though she skied once, we cannot convince Hadley to try it again.

Finley's first choice is the tube. 
 

Happy Birthday X 40! 








No comments: