The next morning, Hadley was totally confused...The Tooth Fairy didn't come. (Oh crap! And I'd laid w/ her the night before reading and looked right at the TF pillow.) Finley shared a story about the time it snowed (or something) and the Tooth Fairy didn't come for him either (Nice, that makes twice!). He went on to recall that the TF had brought donuts the next day. So w/ a note, cash and donuts, the Tooth Fairy delivered the following night.
Ice Cream for a school fundraiser was the only excuse we needed.
Patrick continues to travel 3-4 days/week, so I get to sleep w/ this.
School pictures arrived, they look so old!
And as I was cutting them apart, I noticed Hadley's rose tatoo, klassy.
Finley is selling popcorn! He joined a new pack this year and is looking forward to many new experiences w/ this group.
Finley checked out a Science Experiment book from the library. His was a legit project on density...
...Hadley's project was a made-up experiment dying post-it's into new colors. She's so one-of-a-kind, I stopped and talked to her teacher today - Mrs. Gilbert shared that Hadley has told her TWICE that she drinks her dad's beer. Nice. Oh this girl.
The kids and I drove a Hall of Fame Inductee at the UWEC Homecoming Parade.
I'm sure a lot more happened last week, but I was an anxious ball of nerves w/ the marathon quickly approaching. I'm SO thankful it's behind me and those stories will be shared next week, I'm too tired today to think about it.















No comments:
Post a Comment