Sunday, May 4, 2008

Week 27 - Countdowns & 3rd Trimester Begin

Official Countdowns:
Days Until Summer Vacation: 23 school days
Baby Sullivan's Estimated Arrival: 92 days

As of this weekend, I’M OFFICIALLY IN THE 3RD TRIMESTER! This blows my mind! 2nd tri went much faster than 1st, I think because I was carrying a big secret for most of the 1st. My due date is exactly 3 months from today!

This week was rather uneventful, so it went a little slow. On Thursday night we had Kindergarten Orientation at Sherman; we met the in-coming kindies for next year. They are so little right now, it feels like I just met my current class..

On Friday I took a personal day from work. You accumulate and max out at 5 days, I would’ve lost 1.5 days next year…couldn’t let that happen; so my mom and I went shopping in the cities. On our way up we made a 10-minute stop in Hudson. Just long enough to hold Spencer for a few minutes and see his newest development…smiling! Each time I hold Spencer it makes me want Baby Sullivan even more.
On our shopping trip, we ordered the drawer chest for our nursery, I registered at Babies R Us, bought a few maternity pieces from Gap, and a few other odds and ends. It was a successful day, but I was beat by the time we got home, we were gone for about 10 hours.

Week 27, Baby is still an eggplant, about 2 pounds and 14 1/2 inches long. Baby can open/close it’s eyes and sleeps and wakes at regular intervals. Baby may suck it’s fingers, and although the lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with assistance — if he/she were born prematurely. I may begin to feel Baby hiccuping, which can be common from now on. With more brain tissue developing, Baby's brain is very active now; wonder what Baby is thinking?

Week 27 - Eggplant

2 comments:

Faith said...

You look fantastic! Enjoy the next few weeks and the sight of your feet...you won't be able to see them much longer! :)

Heidi said...

Spencer told me he wants his new cousin to be here now so he can play with him! Time is going to go so fast for you now that you are going every 2 weeks to the Dr. soon you will be going every week!