Sunday, May 18, 2008

Week 29 - Uneventful Week

Uneventful pretty much describes my week, but when you’re 6 ½ months pregnant, that’s OK!

Official Countdowns:
Days Until Summer Vacation: 13 school days
Baby Sullivan’s Estimated Arrival: 78 days (11 weeks)

Last Thursday I had my 28-week appointment with a maternity counselor; this was an informational appointment. We went over some post-baby information: if it’s a boy will we have him circumcised, have we picked a pediatrician, information on epidurals, etc. I also had my regular physical checks; Baby’s heartbeat was 156, my blood pressure was good at 104/60. I was also tested for gestational diabetes, thankfully I do not have it…at least I don’t think so. She said she’d call if I failed, I didn’t hear anything, so I guess I passed…very relieved about that! I'd be lost without sweets for the next 2.5 months.

The Baby Fairy brought Baby Sullivan a musical giraffe to hang from his/her car seat!
On Saturday I got Spencer all to myself for a little bit! We met Faith and Zach at the mall to walk. I’m sure I was adorable sporting my obvious baby bump while pushing an 8-week old. I either looked like a new-mom with a big post-baby bump, or “one of those girls” pushing a new baby and obviously expecting another!

This is what Spencer did the entire time we were together...sleep!
I didn't get to hold him for one minute!


Grandma & Grandpa Market bought a bassinet for the grandchildren to share. Spencer will be moving to his crib when they move into their new house next week. The bassinet has made its way to our house, Baby Sullivan will sleep in our room at first....in the BASSINET :)
On Sunday we visited my Grandma Market at the Syverson Nursing Home. She's there recuperating from a compression fracture in her back. Grandma is hanging in there, I think she'll be anxious to go home in a week or two. She is receiving therapy to gain strength and mobility back.
Patrick’s renovation on our 2nd rental property is nearing completion. We purchased the home last year from my Great Aunt. The home needed major repairs, it’s taken months and many long weeks, but it’s almost ready for the first renters to move in on June 1st. June 1st needs to come soon; Patrick’s to-do list at our own home seems to grow by the day.

Baby Sullivan is officially a squash! Baby weighs about 2 ½ pounds and is a little over 15 inches long. It’s muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and the head is growing bigger to make room for the developing brain. Baby’s bones are hardening and soaking up about 250 milligrams of calcium each day.

My pregnancy continues to be smooth, although some discomforts have started to settle in. I know it’s only the beginning of what’s to come, so I’m trying not to complain too much…yet. My sleeping hasn’t been the greatest – I’m so hot at night….can’t wait until mid-July, I’ll probably be sleeping on the cement floor of our basement! The ironic part is that I’ve been sooooo tired again, I feel like I could fall asleep at anytime. It seems like sleep should come easily, yet I toss and turn a lot. I’m not sure if the tiredness is pregnancy-related or Kindergarten-related. It’s an exhausting time at school as we begin to wrap things up for the year. My back has also begun to ache a little, scary when Baby only weighs 1/3 of what it could by the end. My stomach skin feels very tight at times too (usually in the evenings after eating/drinking all day), I fear every morning I'm going to wake up covered in stretch marks - none yet! Lastly, my belly button is very tender, you can see in the picture it's popping out.
Week 29 -Squash

1 comment:

Lynsi Fabulous said...

you look so great! miss you, lynsi