Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Calm Before the Storm...

We had another fun, yet quiet week...the calm before the storm...I've got eleven more days at home, and they are packed full - Thanksgiving, BabyMac's shower at our house, bringing Finley's things to daycare, getting ready for work, and snuggling as much as possible!

Official Countdowns:
Days until I return to school: 11....sniff, sniff
Work-days until Winter Break: 14....woo hoo!

Just mentioning work brings on the tears....I get a lump in my throat...I love teaching Kindergarten (most days), but I don't want to leave Finley - it's that simple! I saw this quote online and it's absolutely true...

Can you blame me, would you want to leave this face???? This is one of the pictures I framed to take to school. Jenni Plante took Finley's three-month pictures; it's my favorite at the moment.

On Tuesday, Finley and I visited Leslie and Caden's house. Leslie and I worked on our job-share application and schedule for next year, I will be working all day on Mondays and Tuesdays, and 8-12 on Wednesdays...what a perfect week! In between school stuff Leslie and I talked about our baby boys - we were together three hours, I think one hour was spent on school work, the rest was spent talking about our babies.

Mr. Finley and Caden; Leslie claims she usually keeps Caden's socks on :)

Melissa and Dave had us over for dinner, Dave grilled Hawaiian Chicken kabobs and Melissa made yummy potatoes! Melissa and Dave are newlyweds, we decided if they get a baby-itch we'd loan them Finley first.
Finley, Grandma, Spencer and I went to the cities shopping again...we needed to exchange Finley's Christmas outfit for a smaller size. Finley and I were able to see Spencer's new school, looks like fun! Hey Finley - is that a Coach "man bag"?? I want one!
Speaking of the Christmas outfit...this weekend we attempted to have pictures taken of the boys in their matching outfits. Once again, another photoshoot fail for Finley...not sure what it is about the camera, he either cries or falls asleep when he sees one coming. Finley is at an odd stage for pictures, he can't sit and often looks goofy scrunched into different positioners. Here are a few OK pictures...

I love the matching hat, but I thought the seam in front was weird...yeah - I had it on backwards, good thing I realized that AFTER we were done...ugh!


We got in more practicing this week...sitting and tummy-time each day!
Mom's favorite bib! Starting today,
Finley is getting cereal twice each day.

Finley has always looked at the toys on the excersaucer,
now he's intentionally moving them!
That's my boy!! Skip Baby Einstein videos - let's watch the good stuff - celeb gossip!!
Finley, Uncle Patrick and I babysat Spencer for a little bit on Saturday. Spencer LOVES to check Finley out, we're working on touching softly - he has a strong urge to always go for Finley's eyes.
Here Spencer was showing Finley how to push-up on his hands, it makes tummy-time soooo much better!

1 comment:

Kristi, Dan & Liam said...

As Finley is getting older, I'm seeing more and more Patrick in his face...especially in that first black and white photo! Too funny about the hat on backwards!