Sunday, December 21, 2008

One Year Later...


What a difference a year makes...and it keeps getting better!

December 17, 2007

December 17, 2008
(Ignore the camera date, it's off)

"Mommy's Little Cutie"

Finley practiced his new trick of rolling (although this weekend he seemed to forget how). He's even made a few small attempts to go back the other way...not yet! Those are peas on his sleeve...stain sticks are kept all over the house!
Stephanie and Finley worked on sitting this week; I soooooo appreciate Stephanie's hard work. Another bonus of having a great babysitter? Stephanie, Duncan and Finley met me for lunch on Friday! It made my morning go slow; I watched the clock until I could see Finley, it was a great break in my day.
We've been practicing sitting at home too, its coming along! Finley can sit unassisted for a few seconds, sometimes I give him a toy to lean on.

Here are two video clips of Finley's unassisted sitting...I thought he might be interested in holding onto his toes, then I tried a musical toy. Needless to say I heard howls after the camera stopped rolling - clunk!



Peaches + Rubbing Your Eyes = BIG Mess

Our evening playtime is much more meaningful now - I LOVE IT! It's amazing how playtime has changed over the past few months - Finley actually plays now. I love making him laugh (his feet are ticklish), he's a happy baby!
It's hard to believe Christmas is only a few days away! Aunt Lorraine and Uncle Mike gave Finley this adorable onesie, look closely... the tree is made out of shamrocks - perfect for our little Irish boy!

Finley's Santa Sack is ready for Christmas Eve; in hopes that he's been a good boy, Finley will leave his sack out with cookies and milk. Will it be filled on Christmas morning??? He sure hopes so!


On Tuesday (23rd), Finley has an appointment in Rochester. This is THE appointment...he will come home sporting his new "hat" a.k.a helmet. I am upset. I can't picture him in it without crying. In the throes of mommy-guilt, a friend sent me a very nice email. She wrote that as Finley's mom, I have a gift, I can carry his pain. Those words have stuck with me; it won't hurt Finley if a stranger stares at him, it will hurt me - I will carry that for him!

I know I need to "get over myself" and I think that's my inner-dilemma; I feel guilty that Finley has plagio, what's worse? I feel guilty that I'm so sad about the stupid helmet. I follow two blogs that snap me back to reality; both families have faced situations that no parents should have to face. There is a precious boy named Isaac; his parents knew their time with him would be limited, they got 16 minutes to share a lifetime of love. Then there's little Kayleigh; she's six-months old, has never left the hospital and is fighting for her life this very second. Things were especially grim this week and her parents gave her permission to go to heaven; now she's miraculously hanging in there and showing small improvements. These stories are continual reminders that we are LUCKY. We have a beautiful gift that is healthy and happy!

I'm stepping out of my "denial box"...After months of strategically taking Finley's picture from his good-side and not sharing his bad-side with you, I'm sharing his "before" pictures.


Check back on Wednesday morning, I plan to post an update and pictures from our appointment on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Spencer wanted Finley to know that if he needs any help opening his presents on Christmas he would be more then happy to help.

He also can't wait to sit and play with all of their new toys together.

See you on Christmas!

Faith said...

Your blog is so precious, what a great way to save all your memories! Your boy is so sweet!