Sunday, January 25, 2009

Back-Ups are Back

I'm glad last week is over, parent-teacher conferences are over and our back-ups safely returned from Mexico...here's Finley's week in review...

Conferences were held Tuesday and Thursday evenings; I enjoyed talking to my parents about their children, but all I REALLY wanted to do was talk about my own kid :) I'm pretty sure I wrapped a Finley-story into each conference…it’s not hard, I can twist any conversation into being about him. Unfortunately conferences went until 7:30 both evenings (bedtime at our house), so I missed my Finley-time. Patrick was home Tuesday evening and Grandma Kathleen babysat on Thursday (Patrick was overnight in the Dells for work). Sorry, no picture of Grandma Kathleen and Finley together; lil bugger was already sleeping when I got home!
All other evenings were spent with extra cuddles! On Monday, Finley practiced reading (he’s soooo smart!).

On Wednesday, Maya came to hang out with Mr. Finley! Marc (Maya's dad/Stephanie's husband) and Patrick are trading hours...Marc is helping Patrick work on our basement, and in return Patrick will help with a home project at their house. Maya even helped carry sheetrock...she's already helped more than me!

Whose big kid is this? I feel like my little baby is disappearing each day! Doesn't Finley look like he's ready for school??? I was making his breakfast and it struck me - our baby is looking old!
Finley recently became quite the traveler…in his crib. Most mornings I find him perpendicular to how I put him down. Sadly, I know when he’s moved near the aquarium in his sleep, I can hear the stupid helmet knock against the plastic over the monitor. Finley is definitely a morning baby (that’s all me!); when he wakes up he talks, coos and turns his aquarium on/off, on/off…this is my five-minute warning…wrap up what I’m doing because someone will be calling soon. I LOVE going in to get him, there's nothing like that first smile each morning.
Daddy and Finley hung out for a bit Friday night; Patrick hadn’t seen Finley since Wednesday. Due to his overnight trip, I couldn’t get my Friday morning workout in…gasp, right?! I took advantage of 24-Hour Market Fitness after work and left the boys at home.
Mom’s Night Out…Jill, Ingrid, Tara and I left the kids at home, had dinner, and a few drinks. I'm pretty sure there was dancing too, an obvious sign Captain and I were getting along. Although there wasn't a baby in sight, we managed to talk A LOT about them. I love hearing stories from other moms; many of our friends became parents in the past year, so we all have plenty of stories. Kristi's stories should start this week, she's patiently awaiting BabyMac's arrival, his/her due date is tomorrow (Monday)!!!
On Sunday morning, the moment Grandpa & Grandma had waited two long weeks for…Finley-time!
Finley and I hung out at Grandma & Grandpa's all day; Auntie and Spencer came over too, the boys had fun together.

Finley is sleeping over at Grandma & Grandpa's tonight; tomorrow Grandma and Finley will be going to Mayo for his helmet adjustment. Before I left, I helped with dinner and bath time. Finley tried his first Biter Biscuit, he really liked it and.......Zoey wanted some too, check out her big nose taking a sniff!

What a mess! Biter Biscuit = Bath! Finley had his first kitchen-sink bath...he LOVED it and splashed a ton!
Last Saturday, Jenni Plante (Creative Expressions) took Finley's six-month pictures. They turned out great! It's going to be a tough decision for ordering, I scanned a few of my favorites. ***Disclaimer: Please ignore the spiral binding and cropping; I scanned in the proofs, the quality is much better in person.***

The photoshoot was a lot of fun, Finley has so much more expression now. Check-out how red is hair looks! We think he looks like a mini-Spencer in the first picture.

2 comments:

Kristi, Dan & Liam said...

Great pictures!

Faith said...

He just keeps getting cuter! I need to see him in real life soon! :) Miss you!