Sunday, January 18, 2009

Brrrrr!!

WOW! It’s cold! What a great week to be in Mexico…lucky grandparents!
The only bonus of REALLY cold weather? “Cold Days” with no school! I would never jinx something on purpose, so both Thursday and Friday I got up at 4:30 for my morning workout to see this on the news...you can see the real temp (not the wind-chill), sadly it had already warmed up a few degrees!
Finley and I had two bonus “jammie days” together! Love it! Love it!
I propose a new rule for all grandparent-vacationers…you are not allowed to travel together! It’s tough to raise a baby without “back ups”...but it shows how lucky we are! On Monday, Finley started running a fever and threw up at daycare, unfortunately I don’t have the luxury of leaving my job at a moment’s notice, the Kindergartners don't understand :) So with Grandma & Grandpa and Grandma Lynn & Grandpa Jim on the beach, the week was spent arranging back-ups for our back-ups.

On Tuesday Grandma Kathleen saved the day (she even did HER son’s laundry), on Wednesday Patrick worked from home (Finley survived their longest day alone), and Carol was lined up for Thursday (but lucky me, I got to be home). Fortunately it was only a persistent fever that was keeping Finley home; he continued to eat well and be happy. Finally on Thursday he woke up without it; we could put the helmet back on (no helmet with a fever, traps the body heat in), and enjoy our time together.

Ironically, Tuesday night was Finley’s 6-month well-baby check up. I was happy to take him in with the fever-thing to be looked over; he appeared healthy, Dr. Myhre thinks it was a cold virus. The fun part? Finley’s 6-month stats! He weighed in at 16 pounds 14 oz (25-50 percentile), he was 24.45 inches long (below 3%) and his head was 44.5 cm (50-75%)…so he continues to be a shorty, hmmm, wonder where he gets that? Finley also got his immunizations and a flu shot…these could’ve been the cause of Wednesday’s fever.

Finley innocently waited for Nurse Lexi…she loves him, but he wasn’t crazy about her after four shots! The sucky part? While she pokes him, I get to hold his hands and look at him – I hope he didn’t think I was hurting him…it was Nurse Lexi sitting on your feet!!
Onto our bonus four-day weekend...

A short video for Grandma & Grandpa and Grandma Lynn & Grandpa Jim who are missing us, I mean Finley!


Since we are not dipping our toes in the ocean, we pretended...this is the best we could come up with...



Mommy's helper; I LOVE that Finley can sit now!

Finley started eating three meals a day...while he didn't mind, meat in a jar is pretty gross! I totally admit that exclusive bottle-feeding is easier, too bad babies don't jump straight to the kid's menu.

We attempted Puffs, Finley's first solid-solid food; I know rice cereal and baby food is considered a solid, but, really?? There's nothing solid about them! Puffs went OK, we'll keep trying.

Look who got two teeth!!!
Just kidding - it's a bubble! What a ham!

Finley always laughs when he's jumping, I attempted to capture a smile...I laughed so hard when I looked back at the pictures I snapped....it's like a slow-motion jump (it looks painful and a little scary)...then that HUGE smile at the end!

On Saturday, Finley had his 6-month pictures taken. I can't wait to see the proofs, I think Jenni got some good ones. Luckily Finley smiled way more during the photoshoot, he was Mr. Serious when we got home.

Finley's new way of using the playmat...it worked as new entertainment while mom blogged....
Helmet update...nothing new to report, Finley goes back in a week. Many people ask how he sleeps...looks OK to me :) He's becoming attached to his "lovey", what is it with these things that kids love?!?! Not that I should talk, everyone knows about the blue bear...yeah, he's still around.

And finally, two random cute pictures for Grandma to share with people in the lobby of The Royal Sands....


I received sad news while typing this post; our thoughts and prayers are with Maureen and family....http://tomskroski.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Kristi, Dan & Liam said...

Oh my god...the tooth picture seriously looks real! Love the outfit you put him in for pics with Jenny, you'll have to share when you get them back.