If it's a toy - Finley is not interested these days...he's happily into everything else, here's a snapshot of A Day in the Life of a Crawler...
Finley is officially pulling up to a stand, he is just starting to figure out how to get back down, most of the time he'll stand and yell "mmmmaaaaaa" for me to rescue him.
Checking things out in the office with no pants... dressing Finley is like wrestling an alligator, and the words of a respected teacher (Grandma Lynn) come to mind, "pick your battles - sometimes its just not worth it."




OBVIOUSLY Finley's not ready for a snack in a bowl yet...the bowl lasted two seconds and remnants of the snack still remain caught between the hardwood boards.
Here's picture-proof (side-ways - sorry!) that we needed to baby proof; our cabinets now have locks on them. The locks are successfully keeping Finley out of the cupboards...now...how long until I rip off a handle (or my arm) trying to open them - seriously?! I forget EVERY time!
Finley is officially pulling up to a stand, he is just starting to figure out how to get back down, most of the time he'll stand and yell "mmmmaaaaaa" for me to rescue him.
Checking things out in the office with no pants... dressing Finley is like wrestling an alligator, and the words of a respected teacher (Grandma Lynn) come to mind, "pick your battles - sometimes its just not worth it."
OBVIOUSLY Finley's not ready for a snack in a bowl yet...the bowl lasted two seconds and remnants of the snack still remain caught between the hardwood boards.
Here's picture-proof (side-ways - sorry!) that we needed to baby proof; our cabinets now have locks on them. The locks are successfully keeping Finley out of the cupboards...now...how long until I rip off a handle (or my arm) trying to open them - seriously?! I forget EVERY time!
Last Sunday, we closed out our 4th of July celebrations with family at Grandpa & Grandma's. Finley and Spencer were going to swim in the driveway, but Finley had developed a fear of water. Fortunately, the fear only lasted 3 days and he's returned to being a happy swimmer in the tub.

Auntie stole our camera and took some self-portraits of Finley...

We took one last loop around the lake, boating with Grandpa is FUN...notice the pointer ready to push buttons...

...boating with Grandma? She must not go as fast - puts a boy to sleep...


On Monday, we saw Dr. Myhre for Finley's one-year well-baby checkup. Her first words, "I can't believe it's been a year!"
Finley checked out perfect! He was 21 lb 11 oz (25-50%), 28.5 inches (15-25%) and his head is in the 95-97%...he's grown 2lb and 2 inches since his nine-month checkup. Dr. Myhre was happy with Finley's gross and fine motor skills, she wasn't worried that he's only been crawling 2-3 weeks. His verbal skills (babbling that includes mamamama, dadadada and other consonants) are on target, he's social and flirty. This week Finley also started shaking his head "no" when he doesn't want something (I've modeled this gesture a few times) and he crawled up one step outside our front door.
Finley's checkup included four shots and the nurse sucked - I could've given them faster than she did. Finley almost passed out (seriously), we had to take him into the hallway for fresh air - scared me of course! He also had his hemoglobin checked (fingerprick), his iron is borderline low (pretty typical) so he takes 1/2 a Flintstones vitamin with iron each day. Check out his bandaid, there was a matching one on the other thigh...
Tab and I got together to watch a movie this week...she enjoyed chasing Finley. At one point I found them inside the ball pit together :)
Auntie stole our camera and took some self-portraits of Finley...
We took one last loop around the lake, boating with Grandpa is FUN...notice the pointer ready to push buttons...
...boating with Grandma? She must not go as fast - puts a boy to sleep...
On Monday, we saw Dr. Myhre for Finley's one-year well-baby checkup. Her first words, "I can't believe it's been a year!"
Finley checked out perfect! He was 21 lb 11 oz (25-50%), 28.5 inches (15-25%) and his head is in the 95-97%...he's grown 2lb and 2 inches since his nine-month checkup. Dr. Myhre was happy with Finley's gross and fine motor skills, she wasn't worried that he's only been crawling 2-3 weeks. His verbal skills (babbling that includes mamamama, dadadada and other consonants) are on target, he's social and flirty. This week Finley also started shaking his head "no" when he doesn't want something (I've modeled this gesture a few times) and he crawled up one step outside our front door.
Finley's checkup included four shots and the nurse sucked - I could've given them faster than she did. Finley almost passed out (seriously), we had to take him into the hallway for fresh air - scared me of course! He also had his hemoglobin checked (fingerprick), his iron is borderline low (pretty typical) so he takes 1/2 a Flintstones vitamin with iron each day. Check out his bandaid, there was a matching one on the other thigh...
Tab and I got together to watch a movie this week...she enjoyed chasing Finley. At one point I found them inside the ball pit together :)
Liam and Gavin gave Finley an awesome water table for his birthday - he loves it! Friday was the perfect hot day to try it out, there's a video clip of the splashing!

The boys wore their diapers until the splashing caused them to balloon...why aren't the dimples on my butt this cute????

Patrick was gone most of the weekend, so Friday night we had our Friday Night Fish Fry at Wild Ridge. Spencer was spending the night at Grandma & Grandpa's so he was there too. Saturday morning Finley and Spencer played while I got my run in. There's just something about kids in jammies...so darn cute!
Finley and I had all of Saturday together...at one point we'd even had enough 'togetherness'. I'm not lying when I say Finley will sit at the door and cry to go out (reminds me of a dog)...anyway, sometimes I just don't feel like playing outside - all he does is try to put rocks in his mouth and it gets old! So, I opened the patio door and let him come and go as he pleased. Here he is playing, and there's where I sat and played on the computer...we were both happy this way!
I blocked off the stairs (his 2nd love after the rocks), so he couldn't get away...
Patrick was gone most of the weekend, so Friday night we had our Friday Night Fish Fry at Wild Ridge. Spencer was spending the night at Grandma & Grandpa's so he was there too. Saturday morning Finley and Spencer played while I got my run in. There's just something about kids in jammies...so darn cute!
Finley and I had all of Saturday together...at one point we'd even had enough 'togetherness'. I'm not lying when I say Finley will sit at the door and cry to go out (reminds me of a dog)...anyway, sometimes I just don't feel like playing outside - all he does is try to put rocks in his mouth and it gets old! So, I opened the patio door and let him come and go as he pleased. Here he is playing, and there's where I sat and played on the computer...we were both happy this way!
I blocked off the stairs (his 2nd love after the rocks), so he couldn't get away...
...but of course the stinker figured out how to put all his toys between the slats on the rail - that's a fun game!
Dinnertime was when our 'togetherness' was getting a little long. I made Finley dinner and he wasn't interested in anything (notice all the food on his tray, that's how much food I ended up throwing away too). I was giving him yogurt and he kept grabbing at the bowl, so I thought (literally), "What the hell!?" and decided to see how well he could maneuver a spoon....
...he did OK on the first few bites, dipping the spoon in and putting it to his mouth. After a few bites, he went to dipping one finger in and licking it off...again, "What the hell?!" kids are messy right? Finley had fun and my patience got renewed :)
Dinnertime was when our 'togetherness' was getting a little long. I made Finley dinner and he wasn't interested in anything (notice all the food on his tray, that's how much food I ended up throwing away too). I was giving him yogurt and he kept grabbing at the bowl, so I thought (literally), "What the hell!?" and decided to see how well he could maneuver a spoon....
...he did OK on the first few bites, dipping the spoon in and putting it to his mouth. After a few bites, he went to dipping one finger in and licking it off...again, "What the hell?!" kids are messy right? Finley had fun and my patience got renewed :)
Here's my favorite picture of the week...I decided to try crayons, they were a hit, but Finley wasn't into using them appropriately. He immediately began to chew on the crayon tip (what did I really expect???), so I took them away and Finley was NOT happy about it - at all!
Shhhhh! Spencer has a secret....check out his blog www.babybullis.blogspot.com it's worth it!
1 comment:
Finley sounds just like Pete! We have to be outside constantly. It is so exhausting and I can never get anything done! He does the crying at the door thing too just like a dog. And he also gets really mad when I have to take away the crayons because he's eating them. So funny. Glad I am not the only one dealing with these things. Congrats to your sister! I'm still a little terrified to go there yet :)
Post a Comment