Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!


Friday was the biggest day of the week and in case you forgot, I swear it's the last time I'll remind you...If you didn't see it, scroll down for Friday's post below - a recap of Mr. Finley's 1st year!


We started off the week with a visit from Melissa! We went for a walk and then had Happy Hour in our living room. Melissa and David gave Finley his first magna-doodle :)

On Tuesday, Spencer was in town; we had lunch at the mall (Finley tried his first potato ole) and played on the toys.
It was Finley's first time on the toys as a "crawler", he checked out a few things...

...but mostly sat in the middle and watched all the kids run by - overwhelmed?!?!


Spencer's working on "gentle touch"...from the looks of it, he's not the one with the issue - someone else is! Auntie was very proud of Spencer - I set Finley on one side of a tunnel and called Spencer over to the other side. Finley crawled through to Spencer and when he came out Spencer started rubbing and patting his back - now that's gentle touch!!

After the toys, the boys shared a snack....
...and I caught Spencer sneaking a few extras!

With our colder weather, I decided to dig out the ball pit Finley got for Christmas. I think it adds a 'certain something' to our entryway...we so need a playroom! Check out the peeking monkey :)

Finley's crawling skills grow each day, he's getting quicker and quicker. I've noticed he's not as frustrated now and when I'm walking around I have him "Come with me!" and he follows...then I turn my back and he's into something.

With Finley's 1st birthday, we said good-bye to daytime bottles and hello to whole milk...we're keeping his bedtime bottle until our stash of formula runs out. A month ago I found formula on sale and stupidly stocked up, I momentarily forgot that we'd be done with it soon.

Finley and I spent his actual birth"day" just hanging around the house...

Friday evening we had a birthday dinner at Wild Ridge with family.
We celebrated lots of birthdays...Great Aunt Judy's was earlier in the week, Finley & Great Uncle Tim shared July 3rd, Great Uncle Jim's is coming up and Conner's birthday was the 4th.


Happy 4th of July!


The 4th was spent with family at Grandma & Grandpa's; the boys had a parade in the driveway, Finley was not crazy about his hat...
...Spencer, on the other hand, proudly wore his!

The boys tried out the chairs we gave Grandpa & Grandma for Grandparent's Day - they fit much better now :)

Finley loved waving his flag...it made me nervous!

The little boys took The Gator for a spin around the driveway...
...with the help of the big boys - they used a golf club to push the gas pedal.
After lunch, we went pontooning...
....and we found this crazy lady, we felt bad for her so we picked her up! Really, there are just no words for his picture - but we love you Great Auntie :)
Then it happened - I had a moment of insanity and thought it was OK for Finley to be pulled behind a speed boat. He liked it, sort of. Finley isn't crazy about his life jacket to start with, and I think the boys took turns crying, fun????

Finley checked out his birthday present from Auntie, Uncle Ryan & Spencer - his own chair!
We needed some quiet-time too...
We had MORE cake and sang Happy Birthday to our Firecracker Baby, Conner was born on the 4th of July!

To our surprise, the boys had matching jammies - Uncle Ryan HATES it when we dress the boys alike (we love it!); the matching jammies were truly accidental but he didn't believe us. Uncle Ryan claims it's the LAST holiday they will be dressed alike...he's no fun!


Monday is Finley's one-year checkup, I've got my list of questions ready. Check back next week to find out Finley's "stats" :)


No comments: