Right after the public announcement on July 3rd, Finley quietly whispered to Spencer, "You are so screwed, have you ever heard of a back burner baby?" Kidding of course! Actually he was saying, "CONGRATULATIONS COUSIN!"
Since Finley turned 1 (all of two weeks ago) and Heidi announced she's expecting, I've been asked NUMEROUS times if I am (or will be) expecting too...ABSOLUTELY NO! Maybe I'm not as youthful as my younger sister, but I have no desire to have two kids under two. When Finley can help change Baby Sullivan #2's diapers, I'll consider it ;) Until then, I really enjoy Mr. Finley all by himself.
Since Finley turned 1 (all of two weeks ago) and Heidi announced she's expecting, I've been asked NUMEROUS times if I am (or will be) expecting too...ABSOLUTELY NO! Maybe I'm not as youthful as my younger sister, but I have no desire to have two kids under two. When Finley can help change Baby Sullivan #2's diapers, I'll consider it ;) Until then, I really enjoy Mr. Finley all by himself.
Last Sunday we attended our annual family reunion at Altoona Beach. A year ago, we brought along our 10-day old baby, this year our cousin Regina brought her 5-day old baby. It was surreal to see how teeny-tiny Henry is and to see this big kid on the swings...another reminder of what a difference a year makes!
Four generations of Markets...
On Monday, Finley discovered he can reach things in our pantry...this was a great discovery for him, you'll see why in a minute!
Monday afternoon we visited the Fairfax Pool for the first time. We are having some crazy-cool weather lately, Monday looked to be our only chance of "summer" this week, I swear by Thursday it felt like fall. We start swimming lessons at the pool tomorrow (Monday), PLEASE let it warm up or we'll have blue lips!
Finley refuses to wear hats - is he scarred from wearing the helmet??? He pulls them off immediately! I don't think Finley will be a good "tanner" with his red hair and sensitive skin; his stylish 'do comes from putting sunscreen on his scalp.
Rachel and Carter met us at the pool, it was nice to have company. You'd never guess it from this picture, but Carter is 5+ months older than Finley - Finley must be sitting uphill, he looks giant next to Carter.

Twice this week we were desperate for entertainment OUTSIDE of the house. With our stupid, cold, crappy weather Finley and I headed to the mall toys. I've always been grossed out by the mall toys - they are cute, but scream GERMS to me - and seriously, if your kid poops - change them!! On our 2nd trip I may have offended another mom... Finley was crawling around and I could smell poop, I gave him the "sniff test" - he passed. I walked over to Rachel and said (I thought quietly), "If your kid sh!ts their pants - change them! Are you kidding me? I can smell crap and Finley is clear!" Rachel said she could smell it too and that Carter was clear...we overheard a mom nearby say, "I better check to see if my daughter had an accident." Next thing we knew she was leading the girl out!!! Ooops! But in my defense - seriously, when your kid walks by and reeks - check! Plus, this little girl was too old to be pooping her pants.
All the playing tired the boy out (my goal), after 35 minutes he was ready to go home...

Tuesday night a discovery was made via Facebook...Markets LOVE chocolate chips! There were random confessions by many cousins - some like semi-sweet others prefer milk chocolate, some serve them as dessert and Tony confessed to eating a bag. This seems random, but fast forward to Wednesday morning....

I quickly tried to clean them up; the faster I sweeped, the faster he shoved them in his mouth! I guess Mommy will need to find a secret hiding place for my addiction...maybe Bonnie has an idea, she hides them too!

Conner (my cousin) was staying at my parent's this week; we tagged along when he went to Action City. Finley got to ride in the car, good thing Grandma had lots of quarters!
Finley refuses to wear hats - is he scarred from wearing the helmet??? He pulls them off immediately! I don't think Finley will be a good "tanner" with his red hair and sensitive skin; his stylish 'do comes from putting sunscreen on his scalp.
Rachel and Carter met us at the pool, it was nice to have company. You'd never guess it from this picture, but Carter is 5+ months older than Finley - Finley must be sitting uphill, he looks giant next to Carter.
Twice this week we were desperate for entertainment OUTSIDE of the house. With our stupid, cold, crappy weather Finley and I headed to the mall toys. I've always been grossed out by the mall toys - they are cute, but scream GERMS to me - and seriously, if your kid poops - change them!! On our 2nd trip I may have offended another mom... Finley was crawling around and I could smell poop, I gave him the "sniff test" - he passed. I walked over to Rachel and said (I thought quietly), "If your kid sh!ts their pants - change them! Are you kidding me? I can smell crap and Finley is clear!" Rachel said she could smell it too and that Carter was clear...we overheard a mom nearby say, "I better check to see if my daughter had an accident." Next thing we knew she was leading the girl out!!! Ooops! But in my defense - seriously, when your kid walks by and reeks - check! Plus, this little girl was too old to be pooping her pants.
All the playing tired the boy out (my goal), after 35 minutes he was ready to go home...
Tuesday night a discovery was made via Facebook...Markets LOVE chocolate chips! There were random confessions by many cousins - some like semi-sweet others prefer milk chocolate, some serve them as dessert and Tony confessed to eating a bag. This seems random, but fast forward to Wednesday morning....
I was sitting at the kitchen table, playing around on the internet; Finley was crawling around and entertaining himself. Almost daily he'll sit and play in the pantry - pulling out the newspapers, rearranging the pop cases, etc. I peeked over a few times and wasn't surprised to find him in the pantry...he was quiet so I savored a few uninterrupted minutes of 'net surfing. I got up to check my planner and took a closer look at the munchkin and here's what I saw....A CHOCOLATE CHIP COVERED FINLEY!

I almost died laughing - his chocolate-covered face was priceless! Finley had managed to pull down (and spill) an entire bag of Nestle's milk chocolate (my fav) morsels! They were everywhere! How did I not hear the bag spill?!
I almost died laughing - his chocolate-covered face was priceless! Finley had managed to pull down (and spill) an entire bag of Nestle's milk chocolate (my fav) morsels! They were everywhere! How did I not hear the bag spill?!
I quickly tried to clean them up; the faster I sweeped, the faster he shoved them in his mouth! I guess Mommy will need to find a secret hiding place for my addiction...maybe Bonnie has an idea, she hides them too!
Conner (my cousin) was staying at my parent's this week; we tagged along when he went to Action City. Finley got to ride in the car, good thing Grandma had lots of quarters!
On Thursday we drove up to New Auburn; Tanner (my cousin) was attending water ski camp at Lake Arrowhead Bible Camp. I'm glad I didn't have to get in - it was cool outside. Great job Tanner - you looked awesome!

We had Finley's one-year pictures taken a few weeks ago...these are a few of my favorites. Keep in mind these are the proofs that I scanned in and attempted to crop the binding off...the result? The pics are off-centered, different sizes and have really rough edges - excuse my not-so-handy work!





Please turn your head side-ways for this one...I love his two bottom teeth.
And my favorite....

We had Finley's one-year pictures taken a few weeks ago...these are a few of my favorites. Keep in mind these are the proofs that I scanned in and attempted to crop the binding off...the result? The pics are off-centered, different sizes and have really rough edges - excuse my not-so-handy work!






Please turn your head side-ways for this one...I love his two bottom teeth.

And my favorite....

No comments:
Post a Comment