He attempted again...
...and then demanded back into his comfort zone of holding hands. How proud is he?!?! Hopefully we'll catch a step or two on video to share with you soon!
Swimming, swimming and splashing! Summer temps finally arrived; we spent lots of time keeping cool this week. Some of the pictures from earlier in the week are blurry...I think we got sunscreen on the lens - oops!
On Tuesday, we went to the Fairfax Pool with Rachel and Carter. We weren't the only ones with this idea - the pool was packed! We still had fun!
On Wednesday, we cooled off at Wakanda Water Park in Menomonie...
...it is a perfect 'meet in the middle' place to meet Auntie and Spencer.
Rachel and Carter rode along with Grandma, Finley and me; we started with a picnic lunch.

...it is a perfect 'meet in the middle' place to meet Auntie and Spencer.
Rachel and Carter rode along with Grandma, Finley and me; we started with a picnic lunch.
Wakanda Water Park has a great toddler area; Finley is a little small, but next summer he will love it! There are water slides and fountains to run through; Spencer and Finley enjoyed watching big kids from the water's edge.

We bumped into familiar faces at the pool - Jewel, Frannie and Marcus met us and we were surprised to see Stephanie and her kids.
On our tubing trip last weekend, Faith decided I needed to learn to make coffee. Faith doesn't think I need to drag Finley to BK everyday...which, sadly, I do. Every morning I load Finley into the car and we drive thru...not anymore, I can make my own Dunkin Donuts coffee! Well...I really LOVE BK coffee, so maybe on weekends when Daddy is home, I will run there quick!

While Faith, Grandma Lynn and I sampled my 2nd pot of coffee (the first one got dumped), Zach and Finley played. Zach LOVED our ball pit, but he thought it made a better tent.

Finley was wondering what happened...his mom never lets him take all the balls out at once (because she HATES picking them up). While Zach camped in his tent, Finley had fun with the balls ALL over the floor.

On Friday, Finley was playing and I discovered it was awfully quiet...I start peeking around, lil' bugger was back in the pantry!! The chocolate chips have a new home on a high shelf, but it didn't stop Finley from finding our chocolate rice cakes! BUSTED red-handed! We will need to put an alarm on the pantry door....or I could start watching him more closely ;)

Later in the day, Spencer came over to cool-off and splash around in the water table...Uncle Ryan wasn't here, so we put the boys in matching swimming trunks just for him!
The boys were sticking foam bathtub shapes onto our patio door, it was fun at first...
...until Finley figured out I was inside and he wasn't - he wanted in by his mama!
Saturday morning we went to the Farmer's Market to get flowers and Sam's Sweet Corn that Grandma Lynn raves about (it REALLY is good)! Finley did so well wearing his hat we needed to take a picture. Hats have become a small battle - he constantly pulls them off. Grandma even threatened to not buy anymore hats; I hope Finley continues to wear them, they are too cute with his matching outfits.

Saturday night we hosted a grill out - there were four families, three toddlers and lots of action...so much action that I took only ONE picture and it's bad too, no one's looking....
The cutie in the purple shorts is Briana (Jeff & Lisa's daughter), Finley was kind of a nut around her. He got all grabby and wanted to touch her face, hug her, tackle her, kiss her, took toys from her - he was kind of a pain, we couldn't trust him for a second. Of course we all laughed, maybe it's because Finley was the "big guy" showing off for someone smaller?!?!
While Faith, Grandma Lynn and I sampled my 2nd pot of coffee (the first one got dumped), Zach and Finley played. Zach LOVED our ball pit, but he thought it made a better tent.
Finley was wondering what happened...his mom never lets him take all the balls out at once (because she HATES picking them up). While Zach camped in his tent, Finley had fun with the balls ALL over the floor.
On Friday, Finley was playing and I discovered it was awfully quiet...I start peeking around, lil' bugger was back in the pantry!! The chocolate chips have a new home on a high shelf, but it didn't stop Finley from finding our chocolate rice cakes! BUSTED red-handed! We will need to put an alarm on the pantry door....or I could start watching him more closely ;)
Later in the day, Spencer came over to cool-off and splash around in the water table...Uncle Ryan wasn't here, so we put the boys in matching swimming trunks just for him!
The boys were sticking foam bathtub shapes onto our patio door, it was fun at first...
...until Finley figured out I was inside and he wasn't - he wanted in by his mama!
Saturday morning we went to the Farmer's Market to get flowers and Sam's Sweet Corn that Grandma Lynn raves about (it REALLY is good)! Finley did so well wearing his hat we needed to take a picture. Hats have become a small battle - he constantly pulls them off. Grandma even threatened to not buy anymore hats; I hope Finley continues to wear them, they are too cute with his matching outfits.
Saturday night we hosted a grill out - there were four families, three toddlers and lots of action...so much action that I took only ONE picture and it's bad too, no one's looking....
Finley and I will be spending some time apart this week...Leslie and I are working at school Wed, Thurs and Friday. We have a ton to talk about, put together, unpack, etc. Our goal is to finish our room this week - I REALLY want to be home stress-free the following week and enjoy my last (gasp!) week of summer vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment