Earlier in the week, I was in the kitchen and Finley was playing in his ballpit; I heard the nylon sides swishing a little and didn't think much of it...then I looked up (I swear everything happens when I'm NOT looking) and Finley had attempted to climb UP the walls and collapsed three of them! He was stuck in the heap and when I pulled him off there were balls EVERYWHERE - he loved it!
We are working on silverware...check out Finley eating his yogurt, not too bad huh??? I get so proud when I see him doing "big kid" stuff! I think we have a "righty"!
On Wednesday, Finley and I went to Owen Park with Carter and Rachel. They have a great toddler area and baby swings, all in the shade!
Finley loved crawling on the platform of the toddler-gym...of course there are six different ways to get down - Finley would crawl towards the slide, then the stairs, then the climbing wall - it kept me busy running around the outside trying to predict where he'd go next! I'm pretty sure he thought it was a fun "game"...yeah, me too.
Finley's favorite part? The germ-filled steering wheels! He'd have stood here the whole time had I let him; oddly he couldn't see over the wall, but he loved moving that wheel around.

Finley has picked up some new dance moves! He's bopped his body to music for a few months, but this week he added in his arms. When we're bored and the weather is crappy (seems the norm lately) we head into the office and turn on itunes...I guess Finley likes Sugarland too - please ignore my singing in the beginning! The camera is a little shaky too, the videographer was encouraging dancing by doing some moves herself.
Finley loved crawling on the platform of the toddler-gym...of course there are six different ways to get down - Finley would crawl towards the slide, then the stairs, then the climbing wall - it kept me busy running around the outside trying to predict where he'd go next! I'm pretty sure he thought it was a fun "game"...yeah, me too.
Finley's favorite part? The germ-filled steering wheels! He'd have stood here the whole time had I let him; oddly he couldn't see over the wall, but he loved moving that wheel around.
Finley has picked up some new dance moves! He's bopped his body to music for a few months, but this week he added in his arms. When we're bored and the weather is crappy (seems the norm lately) we head into the office and turn on itunes...I guess Finley likes Sugarland too - please ignore my singing in the beginning! The camera is a little shaky too, the videographer was encouraging dancing by doing some moves herself.
While changing his bedding this week, Finley was begging to get into his crib. It seemed odd to me, but I put him in - Finley had a blast in his bed without sheets and stayed in there for over 30 minutes! Eventually I left the room (figuring he was safe), and peeked in every few minutes - he was reading books, dropping toys out the side, starting/stopping his mobile...whatever works for entertainment and I got the kitchen cleaned up.
On Friday morning we headed for Summer SunFest in Lake Carroll, IL to meet up with Patrick's family at Uncle Scott's cabin. Grandma gave Finley a care package for our 4.5 hour drive; it was full of snacks and new little toys - his favorite was the cell phone (lots of buttons to push). Finley slept until Madison (2.5 hours), so we stopped for lunch; the last two hours I spent entertaining and handing out snacks. Overall Finley did pretty well in the car, he didn't get fussy until we were about 10 minutes from the cabin - perfect!
Uncle Scott's cabin has stairs (Finley's new skill he loves to practice) and at the top is a loft overlooking the family room. Patrick thought it would be funny to pull an "MJ" and dangle "Blanket" over the rail - I thought it was super-funny too!
Finley finally got to meet his Aunt Aryn; she flew all the way from Texas to attend Summer SunFest!
Saturday morning I got in a long (and hilly) run while Finley had breakfast and entertained Aunt Shawna and Aunt Aryn...I'm not sure who had the most fun?! Finley, his aunts, or me running with my new toy...
Unfortunately the weather didn't live up to our expectations, SUNFest was cool and cloudy. We didn't get any swimming in, but Finley went on a speed-boat ride with Daddy and Mayah to spot the waterskiers.
Just in case the sun poked out, I styled Finley's hair with sunscreen...the before, during, and after pictures...
Aunt Shawna, Kelly, Mayah and Finley went swinging...
Finley spent time lots of time coming in, out, in, out, in and out of the cabin...he only got his fingers pinched once in the sliding door!
Uncle Michael showed Finley pictures of his new boxer puppy on his cell phone - she's so new she doesn't have a name yet.
Grandma Kathleen and all of her grandchildren - Mayah, Owen and Finley.
Saturday evening we took a pontoon ride, Finley slept the whole time - no afternoon nap equals a tired baby.
Aunt Lorraine gave Finley his good-night snuggles; unfortunately Finley was a crappy sleeper at the cabin - he only took one short nap each day, both nights he stayed up 1-2 hours past his bedtime and each morning he got up earlier than normal...no wonder he went to bed at 6:30 when we got home on Sunday.
On Sunday morning, we visited the mini-horses! How fun! Kelly has her own big horse, but the "mini's" at the stable were Finley-sized!



A video-clip of Finley's first ride....
In late morning we started our journey home...Finley did AWESOME! The only perk of Finley's crappy sleeping? He slept for almost 4 hours; he woke up near Black River Falls with just 45 minutes to go! I crawled in the back to keep him company and discovered a fun way to keep Finley busy...
...put Goldfish Baby crackers between his toes - Finley thought it was hilarious!!

A video-clip of Finley's first ride....
In late morning we started our journey home...Finley did AWESOME! The only perk of Finley's crappy sleeping? He slept for almost 4 hours; he woke up near Black River Falls with just 45 minutes to go! I crawled in the back to keep him company and discovered a fun way to keep Finley busy...
...put Goldfish Baby crackers between his toes - Finley thought it was hilarious!!
Thanks Uncle Scott for sharing his cabin with us, we had another fun "fest" weekend! Thanks Aunt Shawna for all of her planning - she's definitely the planner of the group!
1 comment:
I love the videos! He does so good with the spoon..and a righty...whatd'ya know? I heart the dance moves too. Kids dancing are so cute.
Post a Comment