Sunday, August 30, 2009

Running Around...

No, we don't have a runner yet (hopefully some day!), but we spent most of the week running around...errands, buying daycare supplies, dropping daycare supplies off, working on school projects, appointments, etc. All the little things preparing for my return to work...sniff, sniff.

In between running around, we spent lots of time hanging out at home. Finley happily takes a dip in the tub or sink.
I know this has been posted before, but Finley LOVES the dishwasher; he likes to climb in, pull out the dishes and silverware...this makes loading the dishwasher a challenge - it seems the knives always get pulled at first!

Finley found a new game - pulling out all of the movies! The crazy part?? I introduced him to the drawer...sometimes you just need a few minutes to yourself.

Showering continues to be a challenge - what does everyone else do with their toddler?!?! I bring out new entertainment and still have to stand with my foot holding the shower door closed. This week Finley discovered the toilet paper, there I stood soaking wet debating - do I get out and stop him? Do I let him go? I chose to let it go and quickly finished my shower. When you come over, don't mind the homemade-looking rolls (that I've rewrapped into "fluffy" rolls) or feel free to take your TP from the pile on the floor.

Wednesday I had my annual physical with Dr. Ezenagu; he couldn't believe Finley is one! I've often wondered why Finley was born prematurely and what caused me to go into preterm labor. Dr. E said we don't know and unfortunately, we won't know. I asked about future pregnancies (like wwwaaaayyyy into the future - I told Spencer my stomach was "growling", my mom thought I said "growing" - ummm, no!) and if there would be special considerations because I've had a preemie. He said no, they'd watch more closely for preterm symptoms, but I could very well have an uneventful pregnancy and go full-term with another child.

Thursday night we attended an end-of-summer cook out at Melissa and Dave's house. Paisley was very interested in Finley's toys and snacks....

...then Finley decided to get out of there :)
Finley has a few new tricks, he can... climb on/off his bus by himself, climb onto his PBK chair, gives "five", and says "Hi!" into his cellphone.


Daddy dresses Finley on Saturdays...the only day I don't. I shouldn't have been surprised when I discovered Finley in his Carhardt overalls...it was appropriate, they'd been to the hardware and landscaping stores.


All day, Finley was a good helper - must've been the overalls! He was Mommy's helper inside, working on school projects; but his first choice was to help Daddy outside.


Daddy was busy in our yard all weekend; he was making room for our new Rainbow Swing Set! It will be delivered and set up on Monday - we can't wait! This was Grandpa & Grandma's birthday present (for this year and years to come) for Finley! Finley was really disappointed to discover Daddy working in the yard without him...MAJOR cry face!


I asked Daddy if Finley could please have a little ride around the yard...happy boy! This video clip is for our special readers, Brenna and Brody; they like videos the best!


Check out this big boy...he looks like a kid! And just like that, summer is over; Finley will return to Stephanie's on Monday and I'll be meeting 23 new Kindergartners!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the daddy outfit. We had our all district potluck and Jeff was bringing Pete down for it. I asked him to dress him in something cute. I got a onsie, with no pants.