Back to work, back to Stephanie's...Finley was getting ready for his first day at daycare!
I worked three days this week, gasp right?? It was three crazy-busy-long days; I saw Finley (awake) for a combined four hours - on Wednesday it was only 45 minutes! Stephanie took our "first day of school picture" on Wednesday; I was dressed up for Welcome Back Day trying to make a good first impression :) Leslie and I have 24 kindergartners and a few have already shown "strong personalities". No thanks to losing SAGE, this is my largest class ever (I had 16 last year!), hopefully we can get them in shape quickly :) Tuesday will be my first day of teaching - Leslie was the lucky one to teach the first two days. 
Stephanie said Finley did well; although he was a bit tearful around other adults and kids. Maybe he was overwhelmed by the change in routine and all the action? Stephanie's house is much busier than ours; her kids were home Monday and Tuesday, and their neighborhood is full of children that come and go. I know Finley didn't starve for attention! Finley is definitely happy at Stephanie's, he lights up when he sees her. On Tuesday he gave Stephanie the sweetest good-bye he's ever given anyone - he started to wave, then reached for her, pulled her in for a hug and kiss, then leaned back and started waving again - it was precious! Here's a picture of trouble - monkey #1 and monkey #2!
Monday we arrived home to discover our new play-yard had been installed while we were gone!
Finley got the biggest smile when we walked outside to try it out. He loves the swing! Thank you Grandpa & Grandma for Finley's birthday gift for this year and years to come. He should be set for 15 years and he's already started his next wish-list, it has four wheels!
Grandpa & Grandma got a new play-yard too! I had to work late on Wednesday; Grandma picked Finley up and he was able to check it out with Spencer.

Thursday was my first official day "off" in my new part-time status...unfortunately I was super-stressed out and brought home numerous school projects. So stressed, that I spent my first day home with Finley - without him! Grandma took him shopping in Woodbury with Auntie and Spencer; it worked out well, Grandma made a jump start on Finley's fall wardrobe - thanks Grandma! Thanks Grandpa too...Grandpa just won't know until the credit card bill comes! 
Grandma called on their way home; I wasn't quite ready for my non-helper to come back, so Finley hung out with Grandpa & Grandma a little longer. He is Grandpa's boy, check out the admiration in his eyes...
Saturday morning we headed to Carson Park for the annual Buckshot 5 Mile Run... 
...here I am starting off, the man over my shoulder in the blue shirt and white hat is my principal - yup, I'm in front of him, a place I maintained the entire race :)
While I ran, Finley hung out in the park with Daddy, Grandpa & Grandma...


...here I am, approaching the finish line...
...and done! I set a personal record for the 5-mile race; 32:53, pacing at 6 min 35 seconds per mile. I was the 5th female finisher, 3rd in my age division (sucks that 3/5 top finishers were in the 31-35 age bracket) and was 37th out of 608 runners. I'm even mentioned in the LT article...only they got my place wrong - I took 5th, they say 4th.
Saturday evening Finley and I hung out with Grandma and Spencer; Grandma served up a delicious dinner...Finley's first Happy Meal!
After dinner, the boys took a bath and Spencer showed off how he can swim on his belly
And more big news...we've been a Nuk-free family for 72 hours and counting....
No comments:
Post a Comment