Sunday, September 13, 2009

Play Dates!

It was a week of play dates! Last Sunday Finley played with Liam; he was in EC visiting his grandparents. Bonnie and Ed have a beautiful screened in deck; it is perfect for playing "outside" but being "inside". Thanks Kristi for sharing your pictures!
Checking each other out...
...showing Liam how to play (or dance with) blocks...

...and Liam likes it! I love Liam's expression in this picture!


Finley was at Stephanie's all-day Tuesday and Wednesday morning (I had Monday off for Labor Day). When I picked him up on Tuesday, he was wearing his "extra outfit", I figured he'd either had a blow out or a messy lunch...nope! They'd been playing in the sprinkler!
Finley loves to stand in the fridge! I try to open it when he's distracted, but that's not always possible. Usually, he'll hear the door open, immediately crawl over, stand up and start pulling things out. This week (twice) I found him licking the soy sauce bottle?!?! Gross - and odd, that he'd pick soy sauce both times.
Thursday we had our first monthly playdate with Gavin. Jill has joined the part-time world and has Thursdays and Fridays off; we decided that once a month we'll do a playdate and alternate who does the hosting/driving. For our first date, they came to us; we took advantage of a beautiful fall day and met up in Irvine Park. My first observation? What a wonderful time to visit a park - in the middle of the day, during a school week...no one was there! We pretty much had the place to ourselves! We started on the playground....

...then took a walk, visited the animals, fed the ducks...

...and went out to lunch! Thanks Jill and G for driving over, next month we'll head your way!
Finley loves to be chased! He's also starting to figure out "hiding"...a few months ago I hid under Finley's crib and we played peek-a-boo; then he crawled under the crib with me (I'm sure it was a sight, at least I didn't get stuck!). Finley now bravely goes under by himself, I'll say, "Go hide!" then, "Where's Finley? Where'd that kid go?" And he'll come crawling out...48 times later, he still thinks its funny.
Friday was spent doing stuff around the house - fun stuff like laundry, cleaning, and working on school work. Leslie and I swear we will get more efficient, we're both taking home too much work right now.
Where's the helmet when you need one??? Poor Finley's face is full of bruises right now! Recently he has bumped into the table (bruise #1), fell off our bed (scrape #1, bruise #2) and fell into a door (bruise #3). The picture doesn't show them well, but there's bruises all over - poor kid!

Friday night we had dinner with Stephanie and her family (Grandma and Grandpa Jim came too) at Wild Ridge. Finley had lots of fun playing with her kids!
Finley has finally gotten another tooth (he hadn't gotten a new one since May!)...Friday night was a long night, he was up a lot. It was the first night I've missed the Nuk (we're 11 days Nuk-free, going strong), we ended up sleeping most of the night on the couch. Teething is causing his nose to run, which is causing him to cough, which caused me sleep-less-ness. Saturday night we brought out the Motrin - it helped, not a peep for nearly 12 hours!

HAPPY GRANDPARENT'S DAY! Finley and Spencer gave Grandpa & Grandma this beautiful leaf for Grandparent's Day - it can be displayed in a garden or on a stand in your home. It was hand-made by Grandma Lynn's sister, she used a rhubarb leaf to print/mold it into a bronzing material, then added the tile in the middle, the message says, "Grandparents Fill The World With Love." I couldn't agree more!




1 comment:

mestreen said...

Heather, I just had to tell you that Murphy licks the soy sauce bottle every time I open the fridge! :)