This week was parent-teacher conferences at school, this always makes for a tiring week! Due to our part-time status, Leslie and I needed to have 24 back-to-back conferences, they are 15 minutes long with a five-minute regroup in between - phew! Thursday was our lucky day, typically Thursdays I'm off, so Finley spent the afternoon with Grandma, Auntie and Spencer until Daddy got done with work.
We definitely have a climber now - Finley attempts to climb onto anything and once in awhile he's successful!
Two little monkeys jumping on the bed...I love Spencer's face!
Finley discovered more hiding fun...under the kitchen table is a great place for little kids, unlike our crib-hiding, I didn't attempt this!
We're working hard on walking, no-go yet, but Finley can stand really well - I even saw him pull to a stand without holding anything. We're not sure what he's waiting for, he can do it, he just won't. Here is a typical attempt...he stands there and shrieks.
Thursday was Patrick's birthday, since I didn't get home from work until 8:30 that night, we celebrated on Friday night.
Grandpa fed Finley popcorn (as Mommy watched from afar, making sure he picked out the hard kernels!)...
...then Finley fed Daddy birthday cake!
Spencer came down Saturday, so Finley and I went to Grandma & Grandpa's to play. Grandma got a new toybox...the best part? It doesn't look like a toybox when it's closed up - we might need one of these!
Spencer and I cuddled up for storytime!
The boys were playing out on the porch and making funny faces on the glass, I was quick enough to catch one of Spencer.
It was a wedding weekend - Heidi & Ryan attended one in the cities, Patrick & I headed to another in Neillsville...so Finley was off to Grandma & Grandpa's, only one problem - they had plans too. Luckily we've got wonderful family - Auntie Dixie, Uncle Tim and Tanner drove up to babysit...they didn't even charge a gas fee for their 1 hour 45 minute drive!
While Uncle Tim and Tanner fished, the boys kept Auntie Dixie busy! They played on the swingset...
...drew with chalk...
...and played on the Little Gator!
Dixie said Tanner was a huge hit with the boys and was very helpful. When both boys hit their fussy-tired stage, Tanner said, "I'll take one!" and was a great cuddler! I told Tanner he should take the boys to Homecoming with him, wouldn't he be a hit with the ladies? For some reason he didn't take me up on the offer?!
We've all seen those cute pictures of babies falling asleep in random places...in the bathtub, playing with toys, eating spaghetti, swinging (Spencer!), etc. I've always wondered whose kids do that - our kid has never fallen asleep mid-activity...until today! I turned around to open Finley's applesauce, turned back and saw this....
Anyone that knows Grandma, knows she's crafty (though she'd say she isn't). Grandma recently finished Finley's first-year scrapbook. Due to the volume of pictures and trinkets, it filled two books. They are wonderful!
We are sooooooo lucky that Grandma began 'scraping' a few years ago...the time, energy and creativity that goes into a scrapbook is amazing. THANK YOU Grandma for making such a wonderful keepsake for Finley. We LOVE it! Here are a few pictures of the many neat pages, I swear there is scrapbook-paper for any event...I wish you could see the detail on all the pages. If you're interested in checking them out, let me know, I've been keeping them in my car and showing them off to everyone :)
Finley's first bath at the hospital...
...of course there's a dachshund page, for when Finley was wearing his dachshund sweater...
...Halloween...
...Finley's 1st Christmas, the tree even lights up...
...winter fun...
...our little leprechaun...
...feeding frenzy on noodle-paper...
...bath time, cute kid's towels make for great pictures...
...even the Stupid Helmet got a page!
And of course, Grandma's boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment