Friday, September 18, 2009

Sleepover At Auntie's

I didn't take many pictures this week, good thing Heidi did on Saturday or this post would be boring. It was quiet at home this week...but school is a different story! Leslie and I have a big class with a few VERY challenging students - physically / verbally aggressive towards others, defiant, and constantly disrupting our learning environment. I came home crying on Tuesday and they got to Leslie on Friday...we feel bad for the good kids in our class - there are some! We are both thankful we're part-time (we need the days off to build our patience back up) and we're facing the battle together - we vent nightly! Even after a bad day, there are reasons to smile at home...how cute is this little sleeper?
Finley continues to be Daddy's Boy...together they worked in the yard; Finley loves to get dirty.
We've been enjoying our summer-like weather and play outside each day; it won't be long and we'll be stuck inside - the leaves are starting to change in our neighborhood.

Saturday night, Patrick and I attended a wedding in EC and Finley had his first sleepover at Auntie's house. We met in Glenwood City for the drop-off; Finley wasn't even sad to see me go - that shouldn't surprise me, but I was hoping for a little "I'm going to miss you!" cry...nope! An hour after we parted, Heidi called and said, "Is Finley walking now?" I said, no...but I guess he felt like showing off, he took three steps for her! I'm jealous, I haven't seen any steps since his first one. When Patrick and I got home, Finley had sent us an email with pictures about his day at Auntie's; he did such a good job writing - and it makes my job easier - so I copied his email for you...


Hey Mom,
I just wanted to send you a quick email before I went to bed letting you know how much fun I had at Auntie's house today!
After you dropped me off, Auntie and I went to the store. Did you know they give away FREE pretzels?!?! Auntie thought that would be a great way to entertain me while she got her shopping done.
After I was done having my snack she put me in charge of her list; I crossed things off as she put them in her cart.

After we got back from the store, Auntie thought I should try and eat a little lunch. She gave me part of her turkey sandwich and bananas. Spencer didn't really like that I was sitting in his high chair!
Then it was time to explore Auntie's house. I think the best part of her house was I got to practice going up and down the stairs A LOT! Auntie said if you're going to stay at her house you have to learn how to go up and down all by yourself, and you know what? I can do it now! After she showed me how to slide down, I practiced, and now I'm really good at it. Auntie said she forgot how close of an eye you have to keep on someone that's just learning! I thought I would surprise Auntie and show her how I can walk. Uncle Ryan didn't believe her when she started screaming that I walked, but then I did it again when we were on their neighbor's deck - even Kristin saw me walk!
I think Auntie and Uncle Ryan got tired of listening to Spencer and I work out who was going to play with what toy, so they decided it was time to go outside for awhile. First we went for a wagon ride!
Then Spencer and I checked out his playset in the backyard. I loved crawling around in the grass!

Spencer and I played so much we got really hungry for dinner. Some of our dinner guest backed out so Auntie said we could go ahead and eat early. I had hot dogs, bread, and bananas again. I was a really good eater for Auntie, I even ate stuff off of Spencer's plate that he didn't finish!

Just as we were finishing dinner our friends showed up. Jill, Carry and Gavin all came over to play and grill out. I tried my hardest to keep up with the big boys. I even got to play in the dirt with them! I was so dirty by the end of the night that Auntie tried to clean me up with a wipe when she was changing my messy diaper! She said playing in the dirt is OK at her house!
After we said goodbye it was bath time. I was pretty tired at this point so I wasn't really up for taking a bath. I guess you don't have a choice then when you are as dirty as I was. Auntie washed me up really quick so I didn't have to be in there very long. Then she dressed me up like Elmo while I brushed my teeth.
Hmmmm where are Spencer's hands?!?!?!?
Auntie held me in the chair while I drank some milk. I could hardly keep my eyes open to watch the cartoons they had on. I was asleep before she even got me upstairs! I hope you and dad had a great night and didn't worry too much about me! Love, Finley

How cute was that email?! And I didn't even know Finley could type! Heidi sent a few more pictures of their time together....eating Sunday morning breakfast...

...walking with Spencer's grocery cart...



...and my favorites...sharing Spencer's breakfast and a "Cheers!"


Then it was time to come home! Finley must've been worn out, he slept for over 90 minutes when we got home! Thanks Auntie for taking good care of Finley, he's lucky to have you and so am I!






2 comments:

Heidi said...

Finley your Auntie loves you very much and you are welcome to come stay here anytime!

Anonymous said...

So so so cute! He reminds me a lot of Pete. They both have that little mischeivous look about them :)