Our little boy is 15 months old! Time is not slowing down, neither is Finley. He's quickly becoming much more "toddler" than "baby"! You can see it in his thought process, problem solving, tantrums, mobilization, talking, etc.

Finley is turning into a BK coffee drinker just like Mommy and Grandma...he knows exactly what to do too!

We did lots of laundry this weekend, it's a never-ending cycle with a kid and a husband that is always dirty from his latest project. When I took Finley's socks off for his bath, I knew we'd made too many trips to the laundry room - he picked them up and crawled straight to the washer/dryer - such a smart boy!


Spencer is scared of his costume (a lion), it wasn't a big hit with Finley either...must be a ferocious lion.

Friday brought sad news, Patrick's friend Ryan Adams was killed in Afghanistan; Ryan was serving his 2nd tour and killed in the line of duty. Ryan and Patrick spent countless hours together the summer we built our home, Ryan played a major role in assisting Patrick. Ryan is standing in the middle, Ty (on the left) is part of Ryan's infantry, we wish him a safe return home, their tour is ending next month.
Now that the weather has gotten cooler, Finley has been Daddy's Helper inside the house. Now, if we could just get Daddy to work in our basement, Mommy would be happy!
We enjoyed my 2.5 days off hanging out at home; I was happy that I didn't bring home 8+ hours of school work, just a little. Finley is starting to catch onto relaxing in front of the TV; not really, it only lasts about two minutes. Twice this week we caught him cuddling in and looking at the TV - notice he's always got the remote too!
On Thursday, Finley ran errands with Grandma so I could do heavy-cleaning at home. They went to Ken Vance and Finley got to ride in an old-fashioned car.
Finley is turning into a BK coffee drinker just like Mommy and Grandma...he knows exactly what to do too!
We did lots of laundry this weekend, it's a never-ending cycle with a kid and a husband that is always dirty from his latest project. When I took Finley's socks off for his bath, I knew we'd made too many trips to the laundry room - he picked them up and crawled straight to the washer/dryer - such a smart boy!
Finley's Halloween costume arrived in the mail! Here's a sneak peek of our Little Monkey, he was too funny with the hat on, but it didn't last long before he was pulling it off. We might need to practice wearing it so he'll leave it on for Trick or Treating.
Spencer is scared of his costume (a lion), it wasn't a big hit with Finley either...must be a ferocious lion.
On Sunday, we drove to Afton, MN for a trip to the apple orchard. It was a little chilly! 
We started with a wagon ride into the orchard...
We started with a wagon ride into the orchard...
...we headed into the Honeygold aisle...
...and picked our own apples!


After we picked our apples, we sampled one and posed for pictures.


...and picked our own apples!
After we picked our apples, we sampled one and posed for pictures.
Nestled among the rows and rows of apple trees were pumpkins!




Thanks to Grandma, Finley was dressed perfectly for the pumpkin patch!

The orchard had a petting zoo, there were goats, donkeys and I'm sure other animals - I wasn't that interested in petting anything!
There were haybales and a huge climber for kids to play on...
...and we ended our trip with a ride on the Cow Train! This was a first! Heidi and I were the lucky two adults that got to ride with.
After the orchard we had lunch at Spencer's house, then took our tired boy home...it was a fun fall day!

Thanks to Grandma, Finley was dressed perfectly for the pumpkin patch!
The orchard had a petting zoo, there were goats, donkeys and I'm sure other animals - I wasn't that interested in petting anything!
There were haybales and a huge climber for kids to play on...
...and we ended our trip with a ride on the Cow Train! This was a first! Heidi and I were the lucky two adults that got to ride with.
After the orchard we had lunch at Spencer's house, then took our tired boy home...it was a fun fall day!
Congratulations to my cousin Lynsi and Rob, they welcomed their first daughter, Tessa Rain on Friday. Round 2 has officially started with our friends - Congrats to Amanda & Tony and Rachel & Dan, both couples are expecting again! Who will be next??? Not it!
Friday brought sad news, Patrick's friend Ryan Adams was killed in Afghanistan; Ryan was serving his 2nd tour and killed in the line of duty. Ryan and Patrick spent countless hours together the summer we built our home, Ryan played a major role in assisting Patrick. Ryan is standing in the middle, Ty (on the left) is part of Ryan's infantry, we wish him a safe return home, their tour is ending next month.
1 comment:
Nice costume! Not sure if your mom told you but we had gotten the same one for Liam. Looks like we'll have 2 little monkeys this year! It's so stinkin cute on...I can't stand the feet, they kill me!
Post a Comment