Sunday, October 11, 2009

Drumroll Please...


FINLEY IS WALKING!! FINLEY IS WALKING!! FINLEY IS WALKING!!

After a long time waiting (patiently), we have a walker! On Tuesday, Finley took a few steps at Stephanie's. That night, his typical 2-3 steps turned into 5-6 steps! Patrick and I were 'stalkerazzi' on opposite sides of the living room, we each had a video camera in hand!


Each day his walking stretches are growing longer, he now walks from the living room into the kitchen, down the hall, etc. He loves it and is proud of himself, smiling huge and laughing as he goes...


Even though Finley's steps are a bit wobbly, we know soon he'll be running! He's already getting quicker, here's what happens when mom can't keep up...


Stephanie took Finley to school to deliver pumpkins to Mya and Riley's classes on Tuesday. I'd dropped Finley off in typical daycare 'play clothes' and was instantly bummed that Finley wasn't wearing his pumpkin sweater...one phone call to Grandma and the sweater was on it's way to Stephanie's...I was so "that" mom! Stephanie laughed, but told me the kids noticed the pumpkins on his sweater...maybe she lied to make my effort feel worthwhile?! Oh well, it made me feel better knowing Finley was dressed for the occasion :)
Finley is a boy - he can make truck noises! Thanks to Duncan (above in stripes), Finley has mastered the art of blowing his lips to make noises like a truck. I didn't know where he'd picked that up (it's not something I do), but then I heard Duncan make the same noise!
Finley continues to climb (or at least attempt) onto everything. On Thursday, he successfully made it from his school bus (a riding toy) onto the coffee table...this is NOT a safe trick, standing on a bus with wheels? This screams "ER for stitches" to me and the bus is now kept away from the table.

Now that we've reached the walking milestone, my next wait-on is a word explosion (yes, I'm always waiting for something). Somewhere around 15 months, toddlers are suppose to suddenly explode with new words. Finley has signed "more" off and on, but this week, it really became more pronounced. He likes this word, he seems to want more of everything ;)


Thursday night we had a chili dinner at Grandma & Grandpa's house. Marv was in town, so Jewel, Marcus, Frannie and Great Grandma came over too.

Finley tried out a spot at the kid's table, after Spencer, he's next in line for a chair at the table. Which is perfect, Marcus was upset he had to sit in a "little chair", seems there will soon be a shift in seating arrangements.

On Friday, I spent a couple hours working at school; so Finley went to Grandpa & Grandma's. He loves to play on the computer...
...and has taken a big interest in Zoey lately. I have NO interest in getting a dog, so Zoey is a perfect stand-in for having our own pet. Zoey is a great 'pet' for Finley, she puts up with a lot of tugging, poking, etc.

Patrick was in Rhinelander on Friday night, so I took this little raccoon out for dinner.
Saturday morning we woke up to...SNOW!?!? Our neighborhood just started to look like fall, I'm really not ready for winter...snow pants, layers, hats, mittens...it'll take us forever to get out the door, I'm going to miss the Bundle-Me from last year.


Saturday we travelled to the Krusemark's for a Shrimp Boil. In addition to the regular Crew, we had extra friends come too. It was a house full - Jill, Cary & Gavin, Kristi, Dan & Liam, Heidi, Ryan & Spencer, Amanda, Tony & Luciana, Matt, Brooke, Emma, Addie & Hayden, Scott & Becky, Carolynne, Kelly and Us!


Gavin has a great playroom upstairs, but none of the adults wanted to sit up there with them, so we turned the living room into a playroom. We look forward to when the kids can be up there by themselves :)
Matty made a great merry-go-round for Finley, Gavin and Hayden!
Addie was a great "mama" to all the babies, I LOVE her curls!

Uncle Ryan with two of his favorite boys!

Finley is five days older than Hayden; they were sharing tips on walking, Hayden just started too.

The kids all played well together; everyone seems to be in the practicing sharing stage. This picture is proof that Finley is still working on taking turns.
We were suppose to break-in Krusemark's new deck (daddy helped build it), but it was too chilly to be outside. We ate in two shifts...one group entertained in the living room...

...while the other group ate quick! This was my first Shrimp Boil, the food was delicious, I really liked the crab legs - even though they are a lot of work for two bites.
Jill shared her Apple Dumplings with a begging child.


Scotty was showing Finley how to ride a horse; Scotty said the whole night was one big dose of birth control :)
Patrick had story time with Emma and Addie...nice title, I think Patrick thought it was funny too.
By the end of the night, things started to wind down...the kids didn't get any quieter, but the laughter slowy switched over to tears, fussing and even a tantrum or two. Finley was asleep before we got out of Jill's neighborhood.

1 comment:

Faith said...

Super cute video of Finley walking! Love those first steps! :)