Finley tried out his first party-horn! He didn't get it, but enjoyed chewing the cardboard mouthpiece.
Finley was not bashful at all; he went up to numerous "strangers" with his arms out to be held. During presents, he wandered over to Dave (Jake's dad) and plopped down - I'm not sure if Finley has even seen Dave since Jake's last party?! Dave was already holding another little boy, but was nice enough to clear some lap for Finley.
The party ended with cake for everyone! I'm a huge cake fan, and this was seriously some AWESOME cake!
...at least he acknowledged that he'd spilled on our (clean) placemats!
Finley begs to sit in the fridge; the bottom is the perfect stoop for him. Unfortunately it's not an environmentally-friendly place to sit, so he's allowed 30 seconds. I swear the kid has been asking for milk just so I open the door, but it's so darn cute when he signs, "milk" then "please", how can I say no???
Our basement continues to be the biggest project, Patrick is pulling many late nights downstairs. His "helper" continues to want to help and follows Daddy all over the basement. He's allowed down there until he starts getting into mischief, then it's back upstairs. Patrick has been impressed with how well he does, he just walks behind checking things out.
Saturday morning we had our usual coffee with the ladies; Finley was happy to help Grandma with the whipped cream on her plate.
We are finally allowed back at Grandma's, the Symphony Stroll is over, phew! It's still going to be a long holiday season with so many breakables out. I have a feeling it'll be similar at our house; if it weren't for hosting a party, I'd probably do minimal decorations this year. Finley is a stinker, you say, "Don't touch, just look." and with a smile and mischievous look he will sssssllllloooooowwwwlllyyy touch it anyway. It's like he's taunting you...STINKER!
After the stroll, we went to Grandma's to see the volunteers. Auntie was showing Finley his new cousin, he wasn't interested, but....
...did appreciate the perch the Inside Baby creates on Auntie's belly.
After pizza, the boys played until bedtime. We've noticed Spencer has become Finley's shadow, he will follow right behind and do everything Finley does. Great, I've got the instigator, isn't it suppose to be the little one following the big one? Finley got in the toy box....
...so Spencer needed in too.
Auntie and Uncle Ryan went to the Packer game, so Finley and Spencer played while I was home working on report cards (ugh). The boys LOVE Grandma's new kitchen! When I picked Finley up, they showed me how to "shake, shake and stir". It was very cute and kept them very entertained.
I am looking forward to a short week, our Thanksgiving Break starts on Wednesday. Not that I can complain, but I'm jealous of Leslie right now. We don't have school on her days this week so she's getting an extra long break! Yes, she reads this, and yes, I've reminded her :) Just kidding, it's in her favor now, but it all works out by spring!
1 comment:
I love all his antics, the climbing, the sitting in the fridge. It's so much cuter when its someone else's kid! I have a really hard time saying no when Pete says please so nicely too. Enjoy your short week and have a great Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment