Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!


What a busy and fun week!
Stephanie took Finley and Duncan to her parent's farm for raking and outside fun; they were outside ALL day, of course Finley loved that!
On Tuesday, Finley brought Halloween treats for Mya, Duncan and Riley. When I looked through my camera, I found this special message :)

We celebrated an early birthday with Tab; we went to Border's, then home for tacos and apple dumplings. Finley was a little unsure of Tab at first, I think he believed she was a babysitter - he clung to me like glue. Tab turned 16 on Wednesday and successfully passed her driver's test; I can't believe my "little" can drive!

On Wednesday, Finley and Daddy carved a pumpkin...

...and the final product, taa-daa!

On Friday, the costume festivities began...
...our first stop was trick-or-treating at M&J!
The boys were a little shy at first; Finley shook his head, "No" when offered treats.

But the Clown caught on...
...and brought treats back to the Monkey!

Bill & Carol stopped by to see the boys and brought treats!
After M&J, we went to the mall for lunch and snowsuit shopping. Spencer LOVES to run and Finley isn't quite a runner yet, but if he takes after me that'll change! In attempt to slow Spencer down, we told him to hold Finley's hand - how cute are they??

Friday night we attended the 1st annual Fall Festival at my school...
...Finley loved our classroom, there are so many things to see, touch and look at - he was all over the place!
We headed to the gym for a costume parade and bumped into a Skunk (Carter), and...
...Mickey Mouse (Caden) with his mom, (my job-share partner, Leslie). Both boys were tired from busy days and neither one made it to the end of the festival.

On Saturday we made the rounds visiting friends; I'm not sure how many times I stuffed Finley into his costume. We were happy he actually kept the head-piece on! First we stopped at coffee with the ladies and then we went to Great Grandma's - no pictures :(

In the afternoon Finley got into costume again, and we headed to Grandpa Jim & Grandma Lynn's house; Grandma Lynn had a whole bag of treats for Finley! Unfortunately he was an unhappy monkey - he cried and wouldn't walk around. Again, I think he thought I was leaving him...maybe we need to try babysitters more often!
Then it was onto Melissa & Dave's; Melissa was handing out brownies (for special guests only) and Finley was begging for a sample!

Saturday night Grandma, Grandpa, and Grandma Kathleen came over for dinner while we handed out candy to trick-or-treaters.
Grandma carved Finley his very own pumpkin!

Daddy & Grandma Kathleen took Finley trick-or-treating to our immediate neighbors; maybe next year will venture around the neighborhood? At this age, people would question who the candy was for.


It's tradition...all kids must sort through their loot!

After trick-or-treating ended, Grandma Kathleen babysat Finley while we went to a Halloween party. Unfortunately, Finley didn't catch onto the extra-hour of sleep, and woke up earlier than normal for "old time"....I went to bed at 1:30 (old time) and got up at 4:30 (new time). Needless to say I feel like a million bucks today! Here's Finley eating yogurt wwwaaaayyyyy too early in the day!

So, what were we??? THE BIGGEST LOSERS! Introducing (from left to right)...Team PINK: Debbie & Patrick and their trainer, Jillian...trainer Bob and Team PURPLE: Jim & Lynn.

No comments: