Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Progress on our basement continues...the stone, tile, and trim were completed this week, we got a TV (Patrick joined the Black Friday shoppers at 4 a.m. on Friday!), and the carpet should (I HOPE) be installed late this week. Daddy's helper had on his tool belt and was ready for action!

Finley has been a crappy sleeper lately - not sure what is going on?!? He's been waking up a few times a night and is no longer putting himself back to sleep - I hate it. I'm hoping it's a phase that'll pass very quickly. When he does sleep, he looks awfully cute - I love how his ankles are crossed...and he's become quite fond of George (a.k.a. Curious George).
We celebrated Thanksgiving at Grandma & Grandpa's with family (Great Grandma, Heidi, Ryan, Spencer, Carol & Bill, Jewel, Marcus & Frannie) and friends (Mike, Suzie, Peter, Simon, Ron, Nancy & Renee). Great Grandma LOVES to watch the little ones; she'd been offered a ride home after lunch and decided she wanted to stay longer to be with the kids.
Thanks to Grandma, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner...
...unfortunately Finley wasn't interested and decided he'd only eat cheese & crackers - he sooooo missed out. I know he'd have loved the sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar, they are wwaaayy better than the jarred ones, but nope, he wouldn't even try them, just shook his head, "no".
Frannie, Marcus & Simon had fun making "turkey treats" for everyone.
Grandma bought some yummy cupcakes for her favorite two turkeys...it was a bit reminiscent of their 1st birthday cakes!

After dinner the ladies browsed the Black Friday ads and the kids played...

...Peter is so good with our little boys; we can't wait until he's a bit older, he'll make a great babysitter.
With Thanksgiving a day behind us, we moved onto our first Christmas celebration with Dixie & Tim, Shellee & Darren, Conner, Tanner, and Carol & Bill. We started the day by having a photographer come out and take family pictures; I sure hope there is one good one, we need a holiday card....I hope the photographer got a better angle, I don't like how I'm leaning in this one.

Finley wasn't super-cooperative, he didn't want to smile and refused to let me hold him! He was back to being Daddy's Boy and screamed if I tried to take him - here's proof...

...Finley was much happier running around outside and playing on the swing set. His hat really does fit his head, it must've shifted during all the playing :)

After pictures, we headed inside to warm up and open presents. Our family started a gift tradition a few years ago; we buy presents for the kids while the adults (and big kids) participate in a white elephant gift game. We have a lot of fun with it; it's a great way to get rid of "old crap" and bring home "new crap". This picture does not show Grandpa with his "new crap", he was just catching some cuddles before the game began.

Finley and Spencer had fun unwrapping, they each got a Tag Jr with new books...
...and a flashlight that makes sounds. Finley's is a toucan that squawks, from the look on my face you can tell it's a beautiful sound!

Auntie took some time to teach Finley how to use Facebook...

...I think he likes it!

Aunt Shawna & Great Uncle Scott came to visit! Scott delivered our granite for the basement bar/bathroom and Aunt Shawna came for fun. On Saturday, I attended the Lori Line concert with my parents, Patrick worked in the basement and Finley got spoiled by Grandma Kathleen and Aunt Shawna.
Aunt Shawna fits the "babysitter profile" of young and cute; Finley wasn't too sure of her, he took quite some time to warm up to her...seriously, "quite some time" was more like the whole weekend! I didn't get one single picture of the two together - I'm hoping Patrick will take some in Neillsville tonight (I told him too, but don't hold your breath) and if he does, I'll share them next week.

Great Uncle Scott does not fit the "babysitter profile" as Finley enjoyed him. I'm sure it didn't hurt that Finley spent time with Daddy and Scott working in the basement. Uncle Scott got good cuddles on Sunday morning.

Rumor has it the basement will be finished next Sunday, that gives me less than a week to clean and have the entire house decorated for Christmas...my blood pressure rises just thinking about all there is to do! Keep your fingers crossed....

No comments: