After a month of not eating much, Finley suddenly became an eater again - especially if utensils are involved. It's a bit messy, but I have to admit he's doing pretty good. I'm back to thinking he's a "righty"...yum, cottage cheese!
Finley's sleeping has gotten a bit better; I miss the old days when we put him down and didn't hear a peep until morning. Well, I made a discovery - two new molars and the teeny-tip of an "I" tooth - could this be part of the problem?!?! I hadn't even noticed the start of the molars and suddenly they are here!
Thursday was a marathon day...we started off by entertaining Spencer during Auntie's appointment. The two boys were very busy in the waiting room, I hope we didn't scare any of the expectant mothers! They sat this nicely for about two seconds! While the boys were running up and down the hallway, we bumped into Grandpa, I don't think he was impressed with their behavior either.
After the clinic, we headed to the mall to visit Santa! We went prepared to stand in line, surprisingly we only had to wait 15 minutes.
The excitement is TOO much #1...I didn't know how Finley would react to Santa - scream? cry? runaway? Nope - he sat there like a bump on a log! Our timing wasn't perfect, we were approaching nap time - a few more minutes and Finley would've been asleep on Santa's lap. Here's the official "Mall Santa Picture" that you must purchase for permission to take your own...which annoys me. But seriously, could Finley look any more bored?
After a quick visit with Santa, we ran home for a 45-minute nap and we were on our way to the music program at my school. After the program we stopped in our classroom to see the Kindergartners, they were very excited to see Finley.
The Kindergartners thought it was funny to watch Finley get into everything (Leslie and I weren't as amused). Finley had snack, got the kids wound up, and we quickly left them with Mrs. Klay :)

After the clinic, we headed to the mall to visit Santa! We went prepared to stand in line, surprisingly we only had to wait 15 minutes.
The excitement is TOO much #1...I didn't know how Finley would react to Santa - scream? cry? runaway? Nope - he sat there like a bump on a log! Our timing wasn't perfect, we were approaching nap time - a few more minutes and Finley would've been asleep on Santa's lap. Here's the official "Mall Santa Picture" that you must purchase for permission to take your own...which annoys me. But seriously, could Finley look any more bored?

After a quick visit with Santa, we ran home for a 45-minute nap and we were on our way to the music program at my school. After the program we stopped in our classroom to see the Kindergartners, they were very excited to see Finley.
The Kindergartners thought it was funny to watch Finley get into everything (Leslie and I weren't as amused). Finley had snack, got the kids wound up, and we quickly left them with Mrs. Klay :)
Our last stop was the flu clinic for Finley's second H1N1 vaccine, he took it like a champ! Exhausted, we headed home, my plan? Busy day + H1N1 vaccine = nice long nap...yeah right, we got home and Finley was back in business. Little by little ALL of the ornaments are traveling to the top of our tree, see the bare spot?
You may also notice presents with patches of new paper...the patches are especially beautiful when the original roll of wrapping paper is used up. Yes, Finley is going to LOVE opening presents this year!
This is Finley's favorite perch - he stands on presents behind the tree and looks out the window! He also enjoys unplugging the tree - great game! Our tree is mostly off and an outlet cover is safely in place.
Sunday morning, Patrick taught Finley how to play pool in the "mancave" downstairs.
The excitement is TOO much #2...Finley played in the snow! He didn't not like it (no crying), but he wasn't rolling in it either - first he was bored with Santa, now sledding!
To my surprise, Finley was able to walk while wearing his winter gear.
Patrick took him for a ride around the yard, still no smiles...
...I thought pulling the sled might be more fun, but not really...
...so we each posed for a picture and went back inside. The funniest part (for me) was when Finley got snow in his mouth and gagged.
No comments:
Post a Comment