Sunday, December 13, 2009

Operation Entertain Finley - Party Prep

This week was all about party prepping! Finley spent a good portion of the week handed-off and entertained by others; family and friends were recruited to babysit, install random things, paint, clean or decorate - whatever his/her specialty was :) THANK YOU to everyone that helped - Grandma, Grandpa, Grandma Lynn, Grandpa Jim and Daddy!

I had the "perfect plan"...Leslie owed me one day of working, so I decided to use a half-day and have her work for me Wednesday morning. This was going to be perfect - Finley would still go to Stephanie's and I'd start running my errands / cleaning for the holiday party. Then, my perfect plan was ruined...SNOW DAY! Finley doesn't go to Stephanie's on snow days and I lost my 1/2 day!!!! Oh well...what can you do?!?!

Finley showed me a new trick this week, I turned around to find him drinking his fruit cup! Obviously he'd seen someone do this, right? Patrick and I don't eat fruit cups so I assumed Duncan might drink his. I asked Stephanie, she said Duncan doesn't do it either...sooo...my other guess? He is mimicking Patrick who drinks the milk out of his cereal bowl (gross)?! Who knows, but it sure is interesting to watch him pick up new tricks.
On Thursday, Stephanie agreed to take Finley for a bonus day. Grandma and I spent the ENTIRE day cleaning and even started to decorate a little. I have no idea what Finley is getting into, but he looks thrilled to find a cupboard that actually opens - he's locked out at our house :)
On Friday, while Patrick was at work, Grandma, Grandpa, Grandpa Jim, Finley and I worked at home. Finley helped Grandpa put the bracket on our new TV, then he helped Grandma wash the table. It was too cute, when Grandma grabbed the windex and paper towel, Finley immediately ran to the bathroom, grabbed toilet paper, came back and started wiping - he's soooo smart!

Finley loved to be a helper downstairs! Everyone let him help for a bit, then when his help was no longer needed, there'd be a call, "Someone come get Finley!" Just as you complete a project Finley comes right behind you and destroys your hard work - notice the baskets he moved so he could sit down?!?!
On Friday night, Grandma offered to take Finley out to dinner so we could keep working at home...
...Finley had way more fun sitting at the bar with the boys :)
Saturday morning Grandma Lynn picked Finley up and took him to coffee, everyone else had jobs to do. FINALLY, the house was getting pulled together...to see the results, scroll down to the next post.

While we were hosting the party, Finley went to the Blugold game and slept overnight at Grandma & Grandpa's house.
After a super-busy weekend, I close with the pictures we had taken Thanksgiving weekend. These pictures were taken by Jill Chumas of Chumas Photography http://www.chumasphotography.com/

Unfortunately, Finley was not super-smiley on this day. We had individual family pictures...
...pictures with Daddy...

...pictures with Mommy, thanks to being Daddy's Boy, attempt #1 failed...
...attempt #2 (when Daddy was in the house), finally a tiny smile!
I like this picture, Finley is sad but there's something about his expression that grabs me. Gosh, I love this kid!
The boys had their picture taken with Grandpa & Grandma...

...then with Mommy & Auntie...

...then just the moms!
There were more pictures, but I won't share them now, they will be showing up in mailboxes soon :) So I leave you with just one more...

No comments: