Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowmobiling Fun

Finally a week that wasn't as crazy...busy and fun? Yes! But not so hectic! We kicked off the week with Kindermusik; Finley loved crawling through the tunnels!
The kids played rhythm sticks! Fun, but slightly scary when you're holding your child; I took one to the eye and learned to be a fast "ducker".
On Wednesday night, I had a much needed Girl's Dinner with Melissa. For THREE-HOURS we talked about Melissa's Inside Baby and my Outside Kid; it was nice to enjoy a kid-free, stress-free dinner in a restaurant. While we were catching up, Grandpa & Grandma took Finley to the Blugold game.
Grandma said she'd taken pictures at the game, so after Finley went to bed I was peeking through the camera..."Who is this random girl holding Finley??" I had no idea, but Finley seemed to like her a lot (what a flirty face he's making!) and she's really cuddling him?!?! I learned she's Missy, a retired Blugold player. Missy was sitting near my parents, she really liked Finley and he really liked her. I met her Saturday night, and couldn't believe how Finley lit up when he saw her again - what a flirt! I NEVER get a reaction like she did, he got all silly and giggly.

Nothing is cuter than a sleeping baby - especially this one all cuddled up! Finley had a run of crappy sleeping for two-months, I'm happy to say things are going better again! He's officially down to one-nap each day, and it hovers around two hours - maybe this helps?
Tab came to visit and for the first time she drove herself to our house!! Time has flown by - we were matched when she was 5 years old, this spring marks our 11-year anniversary.

When Tab visits, Finley no longer thinks she's a babysitter we're about to ditch him with - he likes her! We had dinner together and when Finley was "all done" in his highchair, I took him out, he crawled onto her lap, grabbed her fork and started eating off her plate - she's in with him!
On Friday night, Leslie, Chris, Caden & Inside Baby Klay, Melissa, Dave & Inside Baby Rueber came over for a pizza party. Since Leslie and I share our job, we don't get to have playdates (when one of us is off, obviously the other is working). Caden is five weeks older than Finley, I wouldn't say they played together, but rather played near each other.
Leslie and I wanted a picture of the boys together to frame for our desk...maybe next time!
We love having family-friendly evenings with friends and kids. It's an obvious sign that times have changed, everyone was gone by 7:30 - in my old life nothing happened before 9! Finley loves to give hugs and had a big one for Caden before he went home.

Saturday morning, Finley & I helped celebrate Carter's 2nd birthday. In the short time since Christmas, Finley has discovered the fun of opening gifts...even if they are not for him! He's been a great helper at the last two birthday parties we've attended.

On Saturday afternoon, we went to the Blugold Women's game. Finley suddenly became "Auntie's Boy" and only wanted to sit on Heidi's lap. Spencer was tired (and deathly afraid of the Leader-Telegram mascot - a giant walking newspaper) and wasn't interested in sharing his mommy.

Since neither boy wanted to sit on my lap, I got lots of Easton-time!

From one basketball game to the next...we went straight from Zorn Arena to the Doghouse; we watched Luke coach Chippewa Falls in a win over the Huskies.

Finley got arrested! OK - no...after trying (for way too long) to come up with a good story for this picture, I got nothing. Finley met an ECPD officer; this is Officer Ben, he's a college buddy of Patrick's. He was on-duty at the North / Chippewa game and gave the boys their very own badges.

The game was fun, we sat in the front row so the boys had space to run around. You should see how fast parents can fly when their kid starts heading towards the court.
Finley had a lot of fun and did really well considering he was up 2.5 hours past his bedtime! It helped that there was new entertainment...Kari and Jenny's kids! From left to right there's Easton, Hattie, Mason, Spencer, Finley, Gabe, Smith and Myles.
After the game, the kids literally ran and ran all over the court, both Finley and Hattie had red cheeks! Hattie was great with the kids and she's going to be a an awesome babysitter soon!

Finley went snowmobiling! Daddy seemed to think it was a great idea - Chris (Caden's Daddy) confirmed it on Friday night.

So this morning, I bundled Finley up and let him get on the death-bullet with Daddy...and quickly follwed behind with the video camera in hand.

No comments: