A recap of our whirlwind week...last Sunday we attended a Super Bowl party at our neighbor's house.
Finley and I walked over for a little while, but there were two issues...the light switch was low enough for Finley to reach. Who wants to watch the game with the lights repeatedly switching on/off? The other issue...Finley wasn't heavy enough to hold down the theater seats, they continually flipped-in and he'd shriek. Who wants to watch the game with a kid that keeps getting sandwiched into a chair and screams about it? So after my fill of junk-food, Finley and I walked back home.
On Monday we had Kindermusik; there's only one class left, but we've excitedly signed up for another class!
Finley brought an early Valentine for Stephanie! We can't take credit for making this cute cookie-bouquet, I learned of a new business in EC that specializes in adorable cookies/cupcakes.
As you may know, my Grandma has quickly fallen quite ill. Since November, her health has been noticeably failing (congestive heart failure). On Tuesday, Great-Grandma was struggling to swallow and keep food/liquids down and was taken to Luther Hospital. On Friday, she was put on Comfort Cares. It's been a roller coaster week of tears, laughing over memories, worrying and time with my family. Finley has been up to visit Great Grandma a few times, but his time at the hospital is short - he's just too busy! Great Grandma is growing weaker, but she continues to wave at Finley, play peek-a-boo and admire his "Market" red hair.
Finley spent most of the week being dumped onto anyone willing to watch him - I am thankful for Lynn, Faith, Patrick and Grandma Kathleen for picking up my mommy-slack while I've been at the hospital. Finley is never excited to be dropped off someplace, but he eventually comes around after 30 minutes or so of crying. After leaving a sad little boy at Faith's, I was happy to receive a text that Finley was laughing with Zach a short time later...he looks happy to me!
The boys played so hard that Finley came home with his 1st fat lip! I am positive it won't be his last!
On Valentine's Day 2008 (yes, two years ago), I was pregnant with Baby Sullivan. Even though Baby was still an Inside Baby, he/she got a gift from Grandpa & Grandma. How ironic is it that on Valentine's Day 2010, part of the gift finally fits...WI Badger Crocs!
Finley was weirdly excited to wear his Crocs and kept pointing at them.
Finley received Valentine's from both Auntie and Aunt Shawna! Auntie gave him a t-shirt that says, "My Auntie is the BEST!" ...I secretly wish I would've found it first for Spencer!
And Aunt Shawna sent a care package with a coloring book and two new stories to read!

We celebrated a quick Valentine's Day morning at home. Finley now LOVES to open gifts and tore through everything before checking out what was inside.

He got a new play-doh set, a Handy Manny coloring book, a huge "ba", LOTS of books, a new Handy Manny DVD (this is mostly for me, I'm sooooo sick of listening to the current one in our car), a new light-wand...
...and my favorite gift, construction silverware! How cute are these???

After a quick Valentine breakfast, I was off to see Great Grandma. She was having a good morning and alert, so Finley and Nixon came for a short visit.
We celebrated a quick Valentine's Day morning at home. Finley now LOVES to open gifts and tore through everything before checking out what was inside.
He got a new play-doh set, a Handy Manny coloring book, a huge "ba", LOTS of books, a new Handy Manny DVD (this is mostly for me, I'm sooooo sick of listening to the current one in our car), a new light-wand...
...and my favorite gift, construction silverware! How cute are these???
After a quick Valentine breakfast, I was off to see Great Grandma. She was having a good morning and alert, so Finley and Nixon came for a short visit.
We don't know what this week will bring, I've already made Monday's "dumping" plans for Finley. I can't express how thankful I am to have such great friends, they have given me the gift of time with Grandma - something I will never forget! Please continue to pray for peace and comfort for Grandma; we surround her with our love!
No comments:
Post a Comment