Sunday, February 21, 2010

No Title Fits

Not sure how to start this post...no words seem to fit. Over the week we've cried, stressed, laughed, worried and bonded as a family...so much so, we'll need a break from one another :) Joking aside, my Grandma has proven to us what a strong woman she is; her physical strength has not only astonished us, but also the nurses and doctors caring for her. We've guessed at what Grandma could possibly be holding out for (we have no idea!), and what God's final plan is for her. Evidently it isn't her time to leave us just yet. She no longer wakes, but we continue to keep a bedside vigil surrounding her with our love and comfort; we've given her permission to join her Savior and our loving Grandpa.

As a mom, I've been a slacker, but thankfully many others have helped fill my shoes! Patrick was out of town, so Grandma Lynn, Melissa and Faith stepped in allowing me time at the hospital. I will forever be thankful.

So, what was Finley up to all week? Due to being handed-off half the week, I wasn't able to take many pictures, so here's a teeny glimpse...Stephanie caught our boys wrestling! How much fun are they having??
Finley made a few visits to Luther, he loved giving Easton his pacifier.

We all listened closely during Tiger's apology; Grandpa made sure the room was silent! Grandpa liked his speech and only wished Tiger would've confirmed he WILL play in the Ryder Cup in Wales next fall - Grandpa & Grandma will be there, so he better be back by then!
Finley's big-boy bedding arrived! We decided Finley's next bedroom will be firetrucks; PBK is phasing out their current lines, so I quickly ordered his new bedding.

Finley approves!

On Saturday, Finley & Daddy watched Riley's hockey game with Marc & Duncan. I was happy to see Patrick had Finley wear a jacket and hat - even if one ear is uncovered!

Saturday was Grandpa's birthday! We brought cake to the hospital and had a mini-celebration in the family lounge.
Finley seems to have acquired my sweet-tooth; he begged for cake from everyone, including Nixon!

As I close, I ask that you lift my Grandma up in prayer. She's chosen the long road to her Heavenly Home; we are blessed with the minutes we have left together, but take comfort in knowing she'll soon be whole, at peace and Home.

No comments: