Sunday, August 15, 2010

MORE Playing!

What do you remember about summer vacation? Playing? That's all we've been up to - we LOVE it and Finley is better at it! Sharing certainly isn't easy, but there have been less fits!

On Monday, Leslie and I arranged a spontaneous, meet-in-30-minutes, playdate at Irvine Park. We visited the animals, Finley was NOT crazy about the petting zoo - eh, me neither. I'm not an 'animal person' by any means - too much hair and slobber, gross. As you see, Finley is pointing and saying, "bye-bye".
After the animals, we hit the fountains - it's been so hot and sticky, this was perfect! Finley likes to swim, but I wondered if he'd like the fountains? Finley started off by watching other kids...
...then covered a fountain with his foot (baby steps)...

...and was soon having a BLAST! He was taking drinks (look behind Caden)...
...crawling under the fountains...

...being silly...

...and running and running and running!
I love watching Finley have fun - how great to be a kid?!?

All good things must come to an end, Leslie and I were HOT and ready to go. Fortunately we posed the boys before I told Finley it was time to go - I had to chase and drag out an unhappy little boy!
After a quiet Tuesday, we were ready for action on Wednesday. With the hotter than hot temperatures, we've spent our mornings outside, it's just too hot in the afternoon. We went back to Irvine Park with Caden (in green), Carter (in orange), their brothers and moms.
We went to the fountains again, but all three big boys must've been hungry, everyone wanted a snack first.

On Thursday, Patrick, Grandpa, Uncle Ryan and buddies left for a golfing weekend; they attended the PGA Championship and had their own two-day tourney...so it was just Finley and I for the weekend! We headed to Hudson, picked Spencer up from school, and went to Jill, Gavin & Maddie's house for a morning playdate. The boys climbed in/out of this cupboard a zillion times until someone got hurt...they'd been warned!
Finley loved checking out Gavin's toys!
Jill & Cary recently fenced-in their backyard; a perfect set-up for busy boys - there's no escaping!
Jill made a yummy lunch, then it was time to say good-bye. I attempted a group shot - why do I torture myself? Group shots NEVER work! And this one was no different...
...it ended in a monkey pile!

We had a pool playdate planned for Friday, but the weather didn't cooperate - storms! So, Plan B was our playroom - Ethan, Lily, Caden, Cooper, Spencer and moms came over!
Before Daddy left, he set up Finley's super-cute kitchen, it was his birthday gift from Grandpa & Grandma. It amazes me that two-year olds are able to pretend-play.
It never fails, the two monkeys (Spencer & Finley) knocked over the ballpit sending balls EVERYWHERE!

The firetruck is always a popular, sought-after toy. Evidently my camera was too, the pictures are blurry because Finley's sticky fingers smudged the lens.

Before Grandma picked Spencer up, I fed the boys lunch. It was fun to watch Spencer - it's nice when someone actually EATS!

Saturday morning we had breakfast with the Coffee Ladies; Finley gave Easton some snuggles!
With the constant demands of our two 2-year olds, Easton can become our "back burner baby" at times...but he's such a good baby and we never forget him for long! Those eyes are going to melt a little girl's heart some day.

We went to Summerfest - if you like vintage cars and fried food, it's for you. We stuck around until we started to melt, so tired of this sticky weather!!
Finley wouldn't ride a pony, but he enjoyed visiting the Children's Museum Exhibit.

After Summerfest, I brought the big boys home while Grandma, Auntie & Easton ran errands. Finley demonstrated how he belly-flops onto pillows; you stand by the wall for a running start...
...take a big leap...

...and end with a flop, hopefully ON the pillows! Spencer likes it too!

Saturday night we went to Kitt's cabin; Scott, Kitt and Stewy are catching onto this kid-thing, they are really good with them. Here's a sight I'd never seen before...bubbles with Stewy and Scott!
Scott helped Irelyn and Finley get a good view of Lake Wissota. Scott and Becky are getting married next summer, we hope kids follow soon, Scott looks like a pro!
Grandma was babysitting Spencer & Easton, so Finley and I went back for bath time - it's nice to have two adults for tag-team!

Easton was the supervisor :) It won't be long before Auntie's Little Boy is busy like the big boys!

Patrick is back and this mom is ready for a break! Finley and I had a good weekend, he kept me busy, but in the best way (with the exception of one trip to the mall). As payback, I have plans with friends Tuesday and Wednesday night. Finley is OK with it, he wants NOTHING to do with me today :(


No comments: