Kate, Pete and Nora were in town visiting their Nana (my colleague), so we met for a playdate at the Children's Museum - Rachel and Carter joined us too. I snapped this picture and my camera started flashing "change battery pack", so this is it, the only picture I got...no one is looking but all three boys are in it.

On Wednesday, we had a pool playdate with Lily, Ethan and Clara (we met Clara in Kindermusik too). We went on Finley's favorite waterslide right away! Things were going well, Finley was on my lap, I held my hand out (it slows us down), we went around the final turn and got dumped into the water. Usually I land on my feet and pop us out without going under - impressive, I know! Not this day, I missed my landing and we went under, I slipped again and could not get us up! After 4-5 seconds (that felt like 4 minutes), we popped out! I must've looked panicked as the lifeguard came over - we were fine, just surprised and that was it...no more slide. I asked Finley if he wanted to go down again, "no" was all he said. My camera battery was charged, but this was all I got, the sleepy kid on the ride home.
In between playdates, we had time for fun at home. Finley figured out that five king-size pillows can be a lot of fun! I piled them up and he crawled around. Then he stood by the wall, took a running start and belly-flopped onto them! He must've seen this before - Duncan, maybe? It was hilarious and he LOVED it, he belly-flopped over and over laughing each time. I tried to take a video, but of course he wanted to "See! See!" the camera (Finley makes taking pictures very hard sometimes!), so this is the best I got...so far I'm not impressed with my pictures this week!
We baked cupcakes! My job was to bake and Finley was going to decorate; he put sprinkles on the first one and started eating it!
Our Thursday playdate was at Rachel, Carter & Owen's house. It was Melissa & Elle's first playdate with us, Elle got lots of snuggles!
We had our cupcakes for dessert!
Finley & Carter were giving high-fives with frosting fingers!

On Wednesday, we had a pool playdate with Lily, Ethan and Clara (we met Clara in Kindermusik too). We went on Finley's favorite waterslide right away! Things were going well, Finley was on my lap, I held my hand out (it slows us down), we went around the final turn and got dumped into the water. Usually I land on my feet and pop us out without going under - impressive, I know! Not this day, I missed my landing and we went under, I slipped again and could not get us up! After 4-5 seconds (that felt like 4 minutes), we popped out! I must've looked panicked as the lifeguard came over - we were fine, just surprised and that was it...no more slide. I asked Finley if he wanted to go down again, "no" was all he said. My camera battery was charged, but this was all I got, the sleepy kid on the ride home.
In between playdates, we had time for fun at home. Finley figured out that five king-size pillows can be a lot of fun! I piled them up and he crawled around. Then he stood by the wall, took a running start and belly-flopped onto them! He must've seen this before - Duncan, maybe? It was hilarious and he LOVED it, he belly-flopped over and over laughing each time. I tried to take a video, but of course he wanted to "See! See!" the camera (Finley makes taking pictures very hard sometimes!), so this is the best I got...so far I'm not impressed with my pictures this week!
We baked cupcakes! My job was to bake and Finley was going to decorate; he put sprinkles on the first one and started eating it!
Our Thursday playdate was at Rachel, Carter & Owen's house. It was Melissa & Elle's first playdate with us, Elle got lots of snuggles!
We had our cupcakes for dessert!
Finley & Carter were giving high-fives with frosting fingers!
Finley had two playdates on Friday - one with mom, one with dad. In the morning, Finley & I met Faith, Zach & Eli in Owen Park. We started with a walk to Phoenix Park and back, then the boys played.
Unfortunately, a large daycare group of 8-10 year olds arrived and intimidated our little boys on the playground equipment. We found our own entertainment - Zach showed Finley how to run down a grassy hill. Who knew running up and down a hill could be so fun? As a runner, I avoid them. 
After running, the boys got tired and needed a little rest.
A two-year-old's abilities/interests are different from 3.5 year old's, but they played well together and Zach watched out for his younger friend. Finley stopped to touch this tree and was "talking" about something - but so were Faith and I, so we weren't paying much attention. Luckily Zach was watching, there were bugs crawling all over the tree and he told Finley to stop - thanks Zach! On the ride home, Finley was blabbing from the backseat and I overheard him say, "Ack" every once in awhile...obviously talking about his friend Zach.

Daddy's playdate was on the golf course! He took Finley golfing with Marc, Riley & Duncan.
Another copied behavior? Carrying a golf tee in his mouth, not only is this cute (not really!!) but it's also...
....incredibly safe to walk around with a tee in your mouth - NICE!

It's bittersweet, but my Grandma's house has been sold. It's good news for my parents, they've been busy with showings and are happy to close the sale. But it's a reminder that life is moving on and we won't have Grandma's house to visit anymore; it's been 5.5 months and the house still smells like her. In preparation for an estate sale, it was time to move out items for family.
Finley was Grandpa's Boy! He kept his eye on Grandpa, followed him around and attempted to help carry a few large items - how cute is this??
Great Grandma still had furniture that was made by Great Grandpa Juel, it was fun to share "remember when" stories as items were taken out.

On Saturday, we attended a family-friendly luau! Finley had a blast following around the big kids, playing in the sandbox (Daddy said it was OK, he was DIRTY), and playing beanbags. This is not a great picture of Finley, he was hot and tired, but it shows his luau-appropriate t-shirt.
The luau was at Karen's house; being a teacher, I don't see many colleagues all summer, so it was fun to catch up - it'll save us time on the first few days of school :) In the back row it's Karen, Kathy and Denise; in the front row it's Cheri, me, Kelly and Rachel.

Karen & Pat have a zip-line in their backyard between two trees; Finley loved watching the big kids zoom by. Then Daddy arrived and thought Finley should try it - seriously?! What part of sending a 2-year-old up a tree to hang onto a bar and zip between two trees seems like a good idea?????
This is where I got nervous...
A two-year-old's abilities/interests are different from 3.5 year old's, but they played well together and Zach watched out for his younger friend. Finley stopped to touch this tree and was "talking" about something - but so were Faith and I, so we weren't paying much attention. Luckily Zach was watching, there were bugs crawling all over the tree and he told Finley to stop - thanks Zach! On the ride home, Finley was blabbing from the backseat and I overheard him say, "Ack" every once in awhile...obviously talking about his friend Zach.
Daddy's playdate was on the golf course! He took Finley golfing with Marc, Riley & Duncan.
Another copied behavior? Carrying a golf tee in his mouth, not only is this cute (not really!!) but it's also...
....incredibly safe to walk around with a tee in your mouth - NICE!
It's bittersweet, but my Grandma's house has been sold. It's good news for my parents, they've been busy with showings and are happy to close the sale. But it's a reminder that life is moving on and we won't have Grandma's house to visit anymore; it's been 5.5 months and the house still smells like her. In preparation for an estate sale, it was time to move out items for family.
Finley was Grandpa's Boy! He kept his eye on Grandpa, followed him around and attempted to help carry a few large items - how cute is this??
Great Grandma still had furniture that was made by Great Grandpa Juel, it was fun to share "remember when" stories as items were taken out.
On Saturday, we attended a family-friendly luau! Finley had a blast following around the big kids, playing in the sandbox (Daddy said it was OK, he was DIRTY), and playing beanbags. This is not a great picture of Finley, he was hot and tired, but it shows his luau-appropriate t-shirt.
The luau was at Karen's house; being a teacher, I don't see many colleagues all summer, so it was fun to catch up - it'll save us time on the first few days of school :) In the back row it's Karen, Kathy and Denise; in the front row it's Cheri, me, Kelly and Rachel.
Karen & Pat have a zip-line in their backyard between two trees; Finley loved watching the big kids zoom by. Then Daddy arrived and thought Finley should try it - seriously?! What part of sending a 2-year-old up a tree to hang onto a bar and zip between two trees seems like a good idea?????
This is where I got nervous...
And of course Finley was not coming down! If we attempted the ladder, he backed up - lovely, all I pictured was Finley backing up and off the ledge! Eventually, I freaked (and said horrible words towards Patrick in my mind), climbed up and handed him down! Finley was perfectly fine grabbing on and "zipping" two-feet with assistance.

Finley met a flamingo, he was scared at first - makes sense, the flamingo has red beady eyes, lights up and moves.

Finley warmed up and started playing with the flamingo (but not too close)...
...then I talked Finley into giving him a kiss!
I guess they became friends, Finley NEEDED to say "bye-bye" when it was time to go :)
Finley met a flamingo, he was scared at first - makes sense, the flamingo has red beady eyes, lights up and moves.
Finley warmed up and started playing with the flamingo (but not too close)...
...then I talked Finley into giving him a kiss!
I guess they became friends, Finley NEEDED to say "bye-bye" when it was time to go :)
No comments:
Post a Comment