Sunday, February 13, 2011

An Early Valentine's Day

After a really busy weekend, Finley watched the Super Bowl while taking a soak...

...and it didn't stop him from enjoying a soggy (gross) Super Bowl treat!


Through the mom-emails, we learned that window clings are popular with toddlers. I have tons of window clings in my school tubs, so I brought home my Valentine's Day clings to see if Finley would like them. He loves the 'window stickers' - he puts them on, rearranges them and shows them off to anyone that stops over.  I love how he's standing on his toes :)

Finley is preparing for the runway...he put his big-boy underwear on (over his diaper and backwards to see Buzz), stood on the fireplace saying "Cheeeese" while demanding his picture be taken - maybe he'll have a future with Calvin Klein?

The same day, he went into our closet and came out walking (very slowly) like this...again, he wanted his picture taken, both from the front...


...and the back!  Where do they come up with this stuff?!


On Friday we had a playdate at the Children's Museum!  We were lucky to have Jill, Gavin & Maddie, Kristi & Liam, Spencer & Grandma come too.  What a foursome this is - so many boys!  With three babies on the way, maybe we'll get a couple more girls to balance things out?!

The boys played well together, the Construction Zone was the only place things got a little questionable - a few bricks were thrown and we heard, "NO! My turn!" over the conveyor belt from each boy at one point or another.

At the Show Business Theatre, the boys were more into sliding the backdrops then acting.

We headed downstairs for Water Works and to make Valentine's Day cards.  The boys loved the glue bottles and bingo dobbers!  They stayed busy, I think Finley decorated five hearts!

After a nearly two-month hiatus, we had breakfast with the Coffee Ladies!  Finley liked his bluebuck (pancake), but he was really excited for Bonnie's french toast.  The picture doesn't show his excitement (he didn't want his picture taken), but he went over to Bonnie, crawled onto her lap and happily gobbled up the bites she shared with him - piggy!  Next week he'll be getting his own french toast - in Finley's defense, it did look delicious.  Good thing most of the Coffee Ladies are Grandmas - they love to spoil little kids!


Finley was excited that Easton was there too - he was full of good-bye kisses for him!


Finley has become a big helper - he brought his laundry down and loaded it on his own...

...he was very proud!


Finley has become "older" suddenly - he seems taller, he's talking so much more and is becoming more independent.  I LOVE the talking part!  I consider Finley a late-talker, but now that real words/sentences have started, it seems each day his vocabulary expands.  Finley's started sharing his opinion on his clothes...which hurts a little.  I enjoy putting (too much) thought into his daily outfits - Going to the zoo?  A monkey shirt.  Going to a sporting event?  A basket/base/football shirt to match.  Pajama Day?  Which jammies match a pair of shoes?  Over the years, I've had a few school-moms tell me, "My daughter picked out her own clothes today" I never understood why they felt the need to share....today I do.


I've never been a huge fan of "Hallmark Holidays"; in my old-life I remember wearing black and drinking bloody marys at the House of Rock - but with a child, these holidays are fun!  Patrick & I each have meetings tomorrow night, so we're celebrating today.  Finley had a heart-shaped PB sandwich for lunch!

We've been preparing a Valentine's Day dinner for Daddy, Grandpa & Grandma...everything will be red or pink!

Baby Update...I'm 23 weeks pregnant with a papaya and find myself exhausted again.  So exhausted that I've started turning to a caffeine pick-up most afternoons.  A few of my students noticed the bump this week, it's definitely out there.  The thumps from within are stronger - Grandma & I both saw the movement from the outside.  Overall things seem uneventful (a good thing); being pregnant is definitely not "the best time of my life" but I can suck it up for a few more months :)  I have my 24 week appointment on Thursday, I'm anxious to hear Baby's HB and check in with Dr. Ezenagu again.

Happy (early) Valentine's Day!

No comments: