Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lots of Family Fun

Art projects!  It's fun to have Finley interested in making pictures with different art supplies - stickers, markers, crayons, paint, foam shapes, scissors and bingo dabbers!

Finley's been in school a month, he's received a good report each day (yeah!), but on Monday he received his first "FABULOUS" report.  It was his best day yet!  No tears and he asked to go potty...Finley was so proud of his sticker (me too!).

Finley had Backwards Day at school!

Along with art projects, we've been looking for other creative ways to have fun at home.  Kristi started an email with a few moms sharing their favorite go-to activities for keeping toddlers happy indoors.  Other moms are great resources - I made a list of fun activities for those llloooonnnngggg winter days.  So what IS Finley doing below?  He unrolled toilet paper and walked in the "snow"...this was not an idea from another mom nor one I shared, it's wasteful...but he had a lot of fun!

We brought his scooter inside - Finley will be ready in the spring, look at the determination on his face! 

On Thursday we met "Dun" & "Dephanie" (Duncan & Stephanie) at the Sports Center - Finley was SO excited to see them!  Grandma brought Spencer & Easton too.  Finley was crawling with Easton, it was very sweet.

Duncan took both Spencer & Finley on f-a-s-t rides around the field!  Finley even got a little scared!

Finley & Spencer took turns pulling one another...

...and collecting toys for the rider to hold!

Finley got in a scuffle...not really!  The boys were jumping in the bouncy house and Spencer landed on Finley.

We went to a pre-Super Bowl tailgate party at M&J!

It was a family weekend!  Grandma Kathleen, Aunt Shawna, Uncle Jeremy, Mayah, Owen, Great Uncle Scott & Bryan came to visit from Chicago.  Grandma Kathleen loved having all of her grandchildren together and they made sure she is healthy!

Aunt Shawna spoils Finley, Mayah & Owen a teeny bit :)

We celebrated Grandma Kathleen's birthday with a taco party and cake!

Finley and his cousins had a belated Christmas; Papa Wally sent a firetruck with a ladder...oh my, it is a HUGE hit, I'm surprised Finley hasn't asked to sleep with it yet.

Grandpa & Grandma stopped by to visit too; Grandma helped get bedtime snuggles in.

How cute are these two?

Patrick took Finley snowmobiling and Finley fell sleep!  I'm not sure how, our house rattles when the sleds rev in the driveway.

Finley got his first taste of snow...

...and hated it!

We had family fun with my side too; we celebrated Easton's 1st Birthday! I can't believe he's one! Happy Birthday Sweet Easton!

Easton's cake turned out really cute!

When it was time to dig in, Easton was ready and not bashful!

Easton got a bouncing turtle that was a favorite among the big kids; they each got 10 bounces and it was someone else's turn - we counted to 10 a lot!

Sunday morning breakfast...pancakes!

Before we knew it, the weekend was over; crazy to think that Baby will be here for our next get-together!  Thank you for making the long drive up - we enjoyed your visit!

Baby Update...I'm 22 weeks pregnant with a spaghetti-squash sized baby (approx 11 inches and 1 pound)!  The pregnancy seems to be going quickly - in a month I'll be starting the 3rd trimester!  I'm starting to get a teeny itch to nest, but I'm not sure what I feel a "need" to do yet.  Finley will move to his big boy bedroom in April, then I'll start to prepare the nursery and dig out some of our baby supplies.  I finally shared a few name ideas with Patrick, he's got time to get used to them :)  He didn't love Finley at first either, his name was Hudson for about 3 minutes after delivery - now I can't picture him as anything but a Finley!

I continue to feel OK - I've popped and even have people touching the bump now, so it's obviously there.  I've received five progesterone injections and believe they are working; two weeks ago I went 8 days between shots and had more braxton hicks the last day - coincidence or they are helping?

Time to close our weekend with one more celebration - Go Packers!

No comments: