Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mommy's Boy...maybe?

Last Sunday we celebrated Valentine's Day with a red/pink dinner...the big question, what was red?  Baked ravioli, strawberry-applesauce jello and pink cookies - we added salad and garlic bread for variety.

After dinner Finley opened a few gifts and we watched Lady Gaga come out of the egg!

Hungry, Hungry Hippos was a big hit!  We've played it everyday!

On Valentine's Day, Finley was excited for "my padee" (my party) at school; his class exchanged Valentine cards and ate treats.  He proudly wore a Valentine's Day t-shirt...soon I will stop attempting the morning pictures, he's never happy about it!

Just like my kindergartners, Finley is obsessed with sorting through his Valentine goodies.  It's almost annoying how often he digs through his bag, but the excitement is very sweet.

Finley started a new music class - it's an informal class taught by a district music teacher and all of the moms are teachers too.  We will take turns hosting and meet 1-2 times/month - our first class was fun!

As I'd posted on FB, it's a lot like Wisteria Lane in our home!  We have a cute, shirtless handyman - I wonder if he gardens too?

Wednesday night Finley & I went to the UWEC Blugold Women's basketball game.  It was Finley's first basketball game of the season; he was mesmerized and sat quietly watching on Grandma Lynn's lap for most of the game.


M&J was a game sponsor and Grandpa received an autographed basketball - Finley liked it too!


After the game I dropped Grandma AND Finley off for a sleepover; I had an early doctor's appointment so Grandma agreed to keep Finley for the night. After my appointment I took advantage of running kid-free errands. Finley kept Grandpa & Grandma busy! He's very into towers right now, we build them often and he points them out as we drive.

Finley has become quite the talker and I'm really enjoying it!  Even though Why? gets old after 1,001 times/day, having two-way conversations (rather than him only answering with yes/no) is very exciting.  I still do some guessing and say "show me" a few times each day, but his expressive language is coming along.  Here's my favorite conversation from a recent drive...Are you a baby?  No!  Are you a big boy? No!  What are you then? (Because I was seriously wondering!) A kid!

On Thursday night, Grandma, Finley & I drove to Hudson for Chi-Hi's basketball game.  We watched Luke coach and caught up with Jenny, Encer & Hanie.

Saturday night was family night!  We started with a walk to the corner...which turned into a hike in the woods.  Finley was excited to visit two construction sites (new homes) and check out the diggers.

We came home and had a pizza "padee", then snuggled in to watch A Bug's Life!  It was a perfect night at home.

Today is Grandpa's birthday and Finley picked out a blue birthday cake for him!  With our snowy roads, we drove over for a quick celebration this afternoon!

What do you get a Grandpa that has everything??  We had no idea!  Knowing that Grandpa LOVES ice cream, we thought he might enjoy making ice cream with his special helpers when they sleep over...he got an ice cream ball, sprinkles and chocolate syrup :)

Baby Update...I am 24 weeks pregnant with a foot-long baby!  I had my 24-week check up with Dr. Ezenagu this week.  My blood pressure was good, I'm back to measuring a week small and Baby's HB was 140.  Dr. Ezenagu answered a few questions, I got my injection and was on my way.  My next appointment will be with the maternity counselor (GD test) and then I switch to bi-monthly appointments - crazy!  

I don't want to jinx it, but Finley's (maybe) becoming more of a Mommy's Boy.  He has been Daddy's Boy for so long; I thought it was a phase, but after 1.5 years I'd considered it permanent.  This isn't a horrible-can't-be-without-Mommy phase, but it does feel good to be #1 sometimes.  I had a 'proud mom' moment this week - Finley saw someone crying and (100% on his own) went over hugged and kissed them with a sweet look on his face.  I love this little boy!  And just like Mommy - this morning he needed his own belly shot :)


No comments: