Last Wednesday I had my 39-week appointment; after an evening of painless contractions 5-6 minutes apart I went to bed. Thursday morning, I woke to a few strong back-contractions. Over coffee (and time-able, painful contractions), my mom, Heidi & I decided I should get checked out; they followed me to the hospital and less than five hours later - we had a new baby!
My labor and delivery were relatively painless (thanks to an epidural) and just like Finley, Baby was quick to enter the world. Hadley Marie Market (two middle names) was born at 2:50 p.m., she was 7lb 1oz, 19 inches long, perfect, and a GIRL. I was surprised and excited! Here we go...
Grandpa was in a meeting, Auntie & Grandma weren't going anywhere, so Finley spent a little time with us during early labor...gotta love the Ipad.
...he wasn't the only person staying connected :)
Upon arrival I was dilated to 5 cm, I requested an epidural around lunch, I met the OB around 1:30ish and was dilated to 10! Due to Baby's station, the OB broke my water and after 25 minutes of pushing...Hadley Marie was in my arms!
After a painful hour of waiting, we introduced Hadley to Grandma & Auntie!
Patrick was able to give Hadley her first bath - things are a little different with girls :)
All babies get a handmade hat!
Within a couple hours, I moved from labor & delivery to the maternity room for our two-day stay. By that evening I was up, walking around and feeling pretty well. Grandma Kathleen & Grandpa Pat arrived to meet their newest (4th) grandchild.
Around dinnertime, Finley finally met Hadley! The first glance...
...the first kiss...
...and the first attempt to carry her :)
Finley was gentle, curious and loving.
Grandpa was home while Finley napped and finally got to meet Hadley too.
Auntie will be sure Hadley is always cute...I may never need to shop again. And what Baby Girl doesn't need shoes like these?! Totally impractical - but seriously adorable!
Grandma delivered very special flowers - the vases were given to her when she had me..follow that? That means she'd been holding onto these vases for 33 years!
Finley enjoyed our time in the hospital - he loved the visitors, had fun on the elevators, could get his own treats from the family lounge and ate up all the attention from family and friends.
And before I knew it, they were sending us home with our new baby! Finley was ready!
Hadley is changing daily - she already looks different than the pictures above. I'm now a mom of TWO! Wow - how crazy is that?! We've been home three days and things are going well. Hadley is very sleepy, so I've gotten a lot of organizing done. On Sunday I'll update with our first week together...I've taken a few pictures :)





No comments:
Post a Comment