Sunday, June 12, 2011

One Week w/ 2 Kids

It was a busy week with people to meet and places to go.  Fortunately I'm feeling great, so we were off...

Hadley's cousins were anxious to meet her; on our way home from the hospital, we stopped at Grandpa & Grandma's for dinner.  Have you ever watched a sleeping baby?  There's something about babies...they are mesmerizing!

Spencer was very excited to hold Hadley - he loves her already and is very gentle with her.

Easton was very curious too ;)  Hadley is very lucky to have great cousins!


We walked in the door and it was time to get organized! Something I quickly discovered about little girl's laundry? There are two loads, "pink" and "white" - it looked like a flamingo puked in our laundry room! Wow, there's a lot of pink (I'm not complaining), it's all very cute and we were very spoiled.


We've been home a week and Hadley still has the "new toy" appeal to Finley.  He loves to show her everything, especially his matchbox cars.


I've even used the "new toy" appeal in my favor; Finley is showing Hadley how he takes a bath. He's also showed her how he brushes his teeth, eats his food, goes to bed, whatever works.


Finley truly seems to like Hadley; he covers her with kisses and wants to hold her - often. 

Hadley & I brought Finley to school on Monday - he was sooooo proud introducing her to his friends and teachers.

So far, Hadley is an easy baby!  She's still very, very sleepy - she sleeps 21ish hours/day and only wakes once/night to eat - this will all change soon!

Hadley met Dr. Myhre for her initial check-up.  She'd lost a little weight and was down to 6lb 6oz.  Hadley also looked a ittle jaundice, the lab work put her into the "low risk" category so no worries - everything else looked perfect!

Meanwhile we've been keeping Finley really busy! My biggest concern was how Finley would react - Would he hate me? Would he feel left out? I'm sure those days will come, but he enjoyed spending lots of time with Daddy this week - they went fishing, ran through the sprinklers, planted shrubs, cleaned the garage and more!

Grandma Kathleen came for dinner, to play with Finley and snuggle Hadley.


No one has forgetten about the Big Brother - thank you to everyone who has spoiled Finley as well!

Finley's bedtime routine includes reading two books - now there's someone else listening too.  I love, love this time and hope Finley continues to love it too - it feels great to snuggle with both kids together.


Spencer & Easton were down to visit - Spencer was really, really excited to hold Baby Hadley. 

Thursday was the last day of school!  Grandma, Finley, Hadley & I went to visit our kindergarten class.  The kids were very excited to see Hadley!  (ignore the bare walls, Mrs. Klay was busy preparing our classroom for summer cleaning)


I'd hardly told Heidi, "It's a girl!" and she was out shopping pink for us.  This picture was to show Auntie how cute Hadley looked when she went to Kindergarten...

...and Big Brother looked cute too!

Finley learned this trick from one parent - can you guess which one? Evidently Grandpa does it too - ick, sweet milk.

Hadley is officially one of the ladies! Nearly every Saturday morning is started the same...9:00 for coffee, breakfast and gossip.  Bonnie commented that Hadley didn't offer much to the conversation :)  She certainly wasn't neglected, there were plenty of "grandmas" and a "crazy auntie J" to cuddle with.

Saturday night spontaneously ended with a road trip to Auntie's house!

Spencer wanted to show Hadley a small toy - he chose a hockey stick.

Hadley is 10 days old and already changing!  We continue to debate who she looks like, I still think she looks like newborn-Finley. 

Last Sunday, Mary Moua Photography took newborn and family pictures for us.  Normally I wouldn't share (birth announcements will be coming out), but I love, love, love them and can't not share!


How sweet is Finley?  His smile and gentle touch melt my heart!

Hadley's pictures were taken over two afternoons; she was very alert on Sunday...

...and Mary came back for sleepy-baby pictures on Tuesday.

Seriously - she's so stinkin' cute! 

No comments: