Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Chicago Wedding Weekend!

It was a whirl-wind FUN weekend in Chicago - we celebrated Michael & Christina's marriage!

We had a successful drive down, only one stop for lunch.  We cruised into town and picked up Patrick & Finley's tuxedos!

Approximately ten minutes into our five-hour drive, Finley started asking (repeatedly), Where's Mayah & Owen?  He was more than excited to see his cousins!

Finley had a BIG job, he was the ring bearer!  I was pleasantly surprised that he was willing to practice - in fact, I think he liked it.  He was ALL smiles!

 The original plan included the children standing up front...


...but with Finley's help, I quickly decided that wasn't going to work. Plans changed, we'd pull the kids into the pews :)

The Sullivan Sisters at the rehearsal dinner...me, Christina, Shawna, Jenna & Aryn. 

After a long day, Grandma took the kids upstairs.  Hadley slept pretty well in her cage and Finley slept with Grandma.  We had adjoining rooms - it was awesome!  I had extra help getting the kids ready and Grandma babysat allowing us kid-free time after the kids went to bed.  THANK YOU mom for making the weekend SO much easier on me! 

Saturday morning began with snuggles from Auntie Aryn!

Finley was excited for the "Water Park" (he thinks all hotels are attached to water parks)...I'm not sure the hotel pool lived up to his expectations, but he went swimming anyway.

Finley pulled a fast-one on Grandma, Come here Grandma, then he splashed her!

We took quick naps in the room and it was time to get ready!

Uncle Michael & Finley :)

We attempted a few family pictures, I've kept the best one a secret, it might end up in your mailbox in December.

My sweet kids!

The BEST Grandma!

It was showtime and I was a wreck - Would Finley walk down the aisle?  Would he get cold feet and refuse?  Would he (happily) sit with me?  Would he insist on standing by Patrick?  I was a sweaty mess!  And then it happened...he walked in his shiny shoes with a HUGE smile!

And just like that, we had a new sister-in-law, the Big Princess.  Finley called Christina the big princess all weekend (Hadley is his princess, so to him, Christina was the big princess).  He was in awe of her and why wouldn't he be?  She was a beautiful bride! 

After the wedding we took family pictures with the entire crew.

There's no denying it, Finley is in love with Auntie Shawna; his face lights up whenever he sees her.

The reception was held in an incredibly beautiful, modern and trendy location - it was the impressive!  The wedding party made their entrance coming down a staircase into the room...again, would Finley walk?  Absolutely!!!   The DJ announced his name and down he came, loving life and the applause!  Notice the shoe change?!  Cool kid :)

Hadley, Grandma & I enjoyed dinner (technically, I'm the only one that truly enjoyed the awesome food) with Patrick's family. 

In true Finley-style, he was much too busy to eat and hopped around visiting people.

Some people choose not to invite children to weddings - who wants kids running around tearing it up?  Let's just say Finley didn't make it until the wedding dance (in his defense, it got started really late).  He had been very well-behaved all day/evening, but after dinner he started playing in the curtains behind the head table...so I called it a night for him.  This picture sums up the energy he had.

I helped Grandma get the kids ready for bed, then snuck back out for kid-free time!

Our drive home on Sunday was perfect - we made an early stop in IL for a snack and the kids fell asleep for the entire drive home!  We don't see Patrick's family nearly enough, we have so much fun with them.  I was an incredibly proud mom all weekend - Finley did awesome!  Congratulations Michael & Christina!

No comments: