Sunday, September 25, 2011

Can't Keep a Secret!

Birthday preparations with a three-year old take the surprise out of everything!  On Monday, Finley painted a picture frame for Patrick.  I hid it during nap time - out of sight, out of mind...or so I hoped.

On Wednesday, Finley and I were going shopping for presents.  Before w
e left he threw a stink and stomped around looking for Daddy's picture!  Where Daddy's picture?  Patrick received one gift early.

The day after our shopping trip, there was another stomp-fest...  Where Daddy's game?  Mommy!  Where Daddy's game?  Patrick opened his second birthday present.

Speaking of presents, the medicine presents are gone!  For the big finale, I cheered and told Finley to throw the bottle away, Woo-hoo, you're done!  He cried and wanted more.  Seriously, some days I can't win.

Hadley is getting so big!  Her nights continue to go well, every evening I anticipate getting up and every morning I'm surprised when she's still sleeping :)  With full nights, she's settling into more predictable days.  We are practicing sitting (not even close yet) and we think she'll roll soon.  My favorites are the smiles, talking and (once in awhile) giggles.

Finley is so sweet and a great brother!

Finley wanted to teach Hadley how to use the exersaucer...

...he gave her directions (I love how she's looking at him)...

...he showed her where to put her hands...


...helped hold her head up (Hadley loved that)...

....and he was so proud when she caught on!

Hadley & I ran errands and the smart Macy's girl told me, What a good baby, he didn't make a peep!  Seriously?  Of course he didn't make a peep, he's a SHE!  Evidently she didn't notice the pink blanket - dumb girl.

While Finley was at school, Hadley and I enjoyed a quiet afternoon at home, what did we do?  I ate breakfast at noon (some days are like that) and my go-to lunch was Cap 'n Crunch - even Hadley wasn't impressed.

We practiced grabbing toys...

 ...and were successful!

 And we looked at each other - only a few more weeks of leave, it makes me sick to think of leaving this little face.

We took our first fall trip to the Sports Center with Kristi, Liam & Rory, Heidi, Spencer, Easton & Nolan, Dave & Elle and a couple of Grandmas.

For 15 minutes I experienced having four children; 15 minutes was long enough to know that four is NOT for me. 

These two are (fun) trouble!

We attended Dancing with the Stars! Our very own mom/grandma was one of the celebrities! Grandma had been practicing for six weeks - I was nervous for her! Grandma & David performed two dances, were interviewed and judged!

The trophy went to a tap dancing dentist, but we enjoyed an adult evening with family and friends. 

Way to go mom - we are proud of you!!

Finley spent most of Saturday in the dirt!  We attended Bruisin' for Bob's House, a 5K obstacle course that Grandma helped organize.  After watching the mud-crawl, Finley literally went from dirt pile to dirt pile and rolled in it!

There was music, food and firetrucks!

Hadley was my little bumble bee :)

Grandma dedicates a lot of time to Bob's House for Dogs, an organization she's proud to be part of.  She's already planning the parade float for next Memorial Day; Spencer gave us a sneak peek.  OMG - we laughed.

And finally...Patrick's birthday was here.  Finley opened every single present, no more secrets.

We had dinner and (really fancy) cupcakes that Finley made for dessert.


Happy Birthday Daddy!

No comments: