...Hadley wasn't convinced.
While I enjoyed a kid-free, catch-up dinner with Melissa, Hadley & Finley hung out with Patrick. I found these on the camera.
We were invited to Finley's school to celebrate Jesus' Birthday. I had no idea what to expect, but I knew he'd been practicing Jingle Bells. Finley was SO excited for Mommy, Daddy, Hadley, Grandma & Grandpa to be at his school, he kept asking if we'd stay - poor kid was worried we were dropping him off.
Finley showed us around his classroom...
...then the teacher called the kids over. Finley was very proud of his white spot on the rug. The class sang three songs; actually there wasn't a lot of singing. It was more like pointing, looking at their neighbors and waving...but awfully cute.
After singing, the students were invited to make an ornament to take home.
Our evening finished with holiday cookies. Thanks Grandma & Grandpa for coming, you helped make Finley's day - he was SO proud to have us there.
It was Hadley's half-birthday on Friday, that's crazy. We had her check-up with Dr. Myhre and baby girl is pretty perfect! She is 17lb 14oz (84%), she is 25.6 inches long (46%) and her big brains measured in the 75%. 6-month Hadley is exactly one pound bigger than 6-month Finley. Hadley is hitting all milestones and her head is perfectly round!
Hadley was very happy at the clinic, she stole the attention and affection of Dr. Myhre and the nurses. When we were checking out, there were four nurses oohing and ahhing over her at one time. Hadley showed off her new game of peek-a-boo.
Part of me can't remember life without Hadley, (actually I can, it wasn't as busy), it feels like we've always had her, we love her so much! 6-months is a fun age - she can sit for a few minutes (and balance herself), she's eating well, she loves to giggle, talk and her expressions are priceless. She admires Finley and he kisses her every night, moments like that are the best!
Not the best picture, but it shows off Hadley's new barrette. Grandma found teeny-tiny barrettes that hold a teeny-tiny bit of hair.
Baby girl is starting to stand, for like one second. She fell and hit her head immediately after I snapped this picture.
Since Hadley doesn't have a single ornament (nor a tree skirt) yet, she is borrowing my Dr. Seuss collection.
On Saturday we brought up the living room tree. We're back to a fully decorated tree, until next year and baby girl is mobile. Finley has taken a few ornaments off, Look mom, it moves! Look mom, this has a ball-hoop! Look mom, the hook is gone! Thanks sweetie.
This is not a good picture, but I laughed when I noticed that Finley is mid-air.
We've got snow! I love our wooded neighborhood.
Hadley had her 6-month pictures taken at Saeryn Studios. I've only seen two pictures and can't wait to see more...she's precious!


No comments:
Post a Comment