Sunday, March 4, 2012

A 9-Month Old Crawler

Finley, Patrick, Grandpa & Grandpa Dutch tested out Grandpa's new ice fishing equipment.

Grandma's iPad was hijacked again.  Baby girl would love to get her hands on it too.

I dumped the sugar, but my awesome kid helped me clean it up.  Love the shirt/shoes combo, he's so strange about his clothes these days - pick your battles.

Further proof, Finley now packs short/tshirt "outfits" for Spencer & Easton when they come to visit.

The littlest ones are getting so big!

Wednesday was a Snow Day!  I might've been the only teacher that cringed a little.  It was my day off and it messed up my plans to run errands.  Finley was EXCITED though!  We had a fun, very lazy, day.  We dug out the Lite Brite Finley received from Christmas.  We played until both of our fingers hurt from pushing the pegs in and out.

We kept Hadley away from the pegs by setting her in front of Finley's closet.

After reading about younger babies eating mostly table-foods - I'm looking at you Everleigh ;) I decided we needed to try more.  I'm so fearful of choking, it's not even funny.  Hadley did well with scrambled eggs and french toast.

Spencer, Easton & Nolan had a "Smurf Day" and we received a "Smurf Hug" from Spencer in the mail.

The kids love to play downstairs, Hadley's feet start kicking madly when you walk down the stairs.

There's space to RUN...

...looking at the camera while he runs, tricky.

It's the singing pig again.

Hadley had her 9-month check up.  The best part, no shots at 9-months!  She weighed 20lb 8oz (77%), and was 28 inches long (70%), she's proportionate.  Dr. Myhre thought Hadley looked perfect and I agreed.  We talked about her sleeping regression since her run of colds this winter.  Dr. Myhre said it only takes one cold to derail a baby's sleep schedule...even long after the cold is gone.  Based off my description of her awakenings, a few things are happening.  One, she's got us wrapped and we need to be tougher when she wakes a few hours after going down.  Dr. Myhre said not to worry about waking Finley (easy for her to say) and that it would only take a few nights for Hadley to learn we aren't coming in to rescue her.  Some mornings she wakes around 3 and I've been feeding her (because I know it'll put her back out), she's taking a full 5oz, so Dr. Myhre said she probably is hungry and it's OK to feed her then.  Hadley only has two teeth, but Dr. Myhre can see the pressure points of her top teeth.  Yay for a healthy baby!

Finley & I tried to get Hadley's 9-month pictures, she's over the sticker-thing.  She wouldn't leave it alone.

She stuck it to the floor...

...she waved it in the air...

...she tried to eat it...

...and looked super innocent during the whole process.

The best I got.  Happy 9-Months Hadley Marie!

At 9-months + 1 day, this happened.

She's not very fast yet, but she likes her new-found freedom.  I love watching her.

She wasn't sure about the hardwood floors.

But after a few minutes she was willing to try.

Brother was coaching her...

...come on Hadley!

It's so far...

...got it!

Our 9-month old HAPPY crawler, time to baby proof again.

No comments: