Finley (dressed for jammie day) had the job of keeping Hadley ON the counter.
My birthday included flowers delivered to school (thanks Mom & Dad), a surprise lunch delivery (thanks Leslie) and cupcakes for my class. Finley, Hadley & I spent the evening together. Finley was happy to help with the cupcakes until he discovered the "spicy" frosting. The pink must've had too much dye, the frosting had a bad taste...good thing the yellow ones were yummy.
On Thursday, we had a full afternoon of playing planned...Spencer, Easton & Nolan, followed by Jake & Gracie. I'm not sure how much playing happened, Finley was a stink about sharing.
Gracie & Hadley were the easy ones. Hadley showed off her crawling and we saw Gracie take a few crawls too.
Friday was a lazy afternoon at home. Hadley wants up on anything/everything, she just can't get there yet.
The drawer she went after? The one with Hungry Hungry Hippos and the marbles.
Soccer with my favorite little boy.
Finley provides motivation for the new crawler.
He likes offering "the carrot"...
...but doesn't understand that sometimes you need to give a little bite.
I've wondered what my kids will be when they grow up. I've asked Finley, sometimes he wants to work at M&J and sometimes he wants to play (don't we all). I'm confident Finley will not be a stylist. Shorts/t-shirts are still our norm, but why mismatched socks? He wanted the dinosaur socks, but the non-slip nubbies were worn off one sock and he was upset they no longer matched. So he put a firetruck sock on the other foot...cause now they match? I tricked him into this picture telling him how 'cool' he looked. At the same time, setting myself up for many weeks of mismatched socks.
...and then there's this one.
Hadley has perfected the cheese-face.
The camera comes out, give her a moment to notice it, and BAM...cheese-face.
It's caused a lot of laughter around here. Even Finley has noticed the difference, nice smile...
...cheese-face.
Where does she get this from? Auntie said it's a family-thing. Thanks Spencer.












No comments:
Post a Comment