Finley loves these sunglasses, they flip open and he wears them at daycare, everyday. He's a proud nerd.
Time to buy bigger diapers?
Spencer & Easton stopped to play on Friday. Three boys & one girl can do a lot in an hour. We played downstairs...
...colored pictures with Buzz Lightyear...
...and when I turned my back, our bubble supply got wiped out.
After those nutso-60 minutes, I was surprised when Auntie called to ask if Finley could sleepover. He was already in the car (riding w/ Grandma to bring the boys home), I said sure if he wants to. He wanted to. Thinking back to our first sleepover attempt (it ended up with a Finley-exchange in a McDonald's parking lot about 8:00 p.m) I didn't have high hopes.
Auntie texted updates throughout the day. Finley was excited to see the pool...
...but after a little bit, Finley wanted to play inside - I'm sure he had a toy/game eyed-up. So he waited for the other kids to want to go in too...this was our first summer-like day with temps in the mid-80's and the swimming pool was out. I think he waited for awhile.
Since this was a surprise sleepover, Finley literally had the clothes on his back - no jammies, no blankie, nothing. I was surprised when he made it to dinner and bathtime, maybe he would make it all night?
At 6:20, Uncle Ryan found this on the living room floor. Yes! He was exhausted and would make it all night!
At 8:00, I received a text he was awake. Crap. Now he'd be tired and sad. While waiting for the phonecall to start driving, I enjoyed alone-time with Hadley. And Hadley enjoyed alone-time with the ball pit. Baby girl knows what to do, she flips, she flops and throws her body down over and over.
At 9:30ish the phone rang, Finley was sad. He didn't talk to me, but I could hear sniffles. He wasn't hysterical, so Auntie knew he'd be OK. We were both wishing he'd just fall asleep. Finally, a picture popped up on my phone.
And the next day? Finley was super-duper proud that, I slept at Auntie's house! She says I'm a crazy sleeper! Spencer cried when I left. He made it.
Saturday was a full day of celebrating - three parties in a row! Hadley & I attended Courtney's wedding shower. In June, Auntie Shawna is coming to stay with the kids while we attend Courtney's wedding...in Vail!
Finley took his job seriously...
...and it made his sister happy.
There was no time for napping at home, we only rested in the car between celebrations. Hadley napped a total of 23 minutes.
And Finley? He napped for 15 scary-looking minutes.
Our final stop was a graduation party!
She loves him.
Tab graduated from high school! She was saludictorian of her class - how impressive! Tab was five years old when we met and now she's off to college! She's going away to college, but not too far. After freshmen year, she's hoping to get into a nursing school, so maybe she'll be back in our area :) I'm SO proud to have been a part of Tab's life. I've literally watched her grow up from a pink-loving little girl to an intelligent young woman. Congratulations Tab!















No comments:
Post a Comment