Hadley turned 11-months old! For some reason I kept thinking her 11-month birthday was next week, on May 2nd I even told someone that (seriously w/ the job-share thing, moving classrooms and the normal spring craziness in an elementary school, my mind is racing all of the time). These pictures were taken when she was 11-months + 1 day. Awesome mom.
What's new with our 11-month old? In a baby-talk way, she's close to saying a few words. When she's "all done" she signs it and babbles something that sounds like ah-duh. She has said hi 2-3 times (Grandpa heard it too). Hadley's newest trick is to pull-up, let go and stand with her arms out. She's never attempted an independent step, but she's balancing free-stand. Eating is hit / miss, I'm nervous about discontinuing bottles in a month. She refuses all baby food, she'll take 4-5 bites of 'real' food at mealtime and she's ah-duh. Baby Girl can fiercely shake her head no. Hadley is a happy, happy, happy little girl.
More gymnastics! Wednesday was more summer-like than spring, it was HOT in the tin-can tennis center. I worked up a sweat sitting in the bleachers.
Hadley loves mardi-gras beads.
She even found some at Grandma's house!
Wearing beads makes Hadley happy.
Maybe accessories will be her thing? Hadley tried her hardest to get a headband on, she knew exactly what to do but couldn't quite stretch it around her head. Good thing her Mom could...
...headbands make Hadley happy too.
Finley spent a rainy day decorating our windows - our weather can't seem to make up it's mind!
Finley really wanted flip-flops in Cancun. He didn't have any, so he borrowed a pair of Spencer's - for two seconds in the airport. Flip-flops didn't feel as fun as they looked. The Easter Bunny thought he might want to try them again. Finley tried them on this week and fell in love with the sound they make, he 'flip-flops' all over the place.
I ran my first half-marathon post-Hadley! Jeff came from the cities, he's training for Grandma's full in June.
After a weekend of rain, we were lucky enough to stay dry for the race. I wouldn't say it was fun, I was relatively miserable the entire run. Not in a 'bad run' way, just in a 'full exertion' way. My Garmin froze up at 7:45 a.m. (race began at 8), so I ran the entire race without my watch. Maybe not a big deal for some, but I rely on it to keep my pace. Coincidentally I was only 58 seconds from my PR, wonder if my watch would've pushed me harder?
Coming through the M&J water station, seeing my kids made me want to cry.
Waiting for mom to finish.
Finally the finish line, a welcomed sight after the hill.
1:32:28, 5th Female Finisher, 1st Female in ages 30-34, Rachel took 2nd in our age division.



No comments:
Post a Comment